Solved

Need any final thoughts on this build. Thanks!

Main purpose of this machine is gaming, however there will be video editing and some 3d rendering.

First, some may say that case I have is excessive, but I like the locking features and its carrying case ( I go to LAN parties once or twice a month ). And the case is beautiful, however I'm open for something similar.

I am ordering everything this week, except the i5-3570k IB since it isn't for sell yet. All the links are newegg.com prices. I will definitely be looking for the cheaper price for each of the products.

Case: Thermaltake level 10 Gt Snow Link $289.99
Motherboard: AsRock z77 Extreme 4 Link $134.99
CPU: i5-3570k Ivy Bridge Link $225.00
CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Link $34.99
PSU: Corsair HX850 Link $174.99
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb Link $53.99
Hard Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM Link $99.99
Solid State Drive: Crucial M4 128GB Link $159.99
Optical Drive DVD/BR: Lite-On Dvd Burner Link $16.99
Video Card Option 1: EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 680 Link $499.99
Video Card Option 2: Sapphire Radeon 7970 3GB Link $479.99 (only if i cannot find the Nvidia in stock)
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium Link $99.99

Total price = $1790

Everything has been researched from this forum, this forum has been very insightful and helpful thank you!

So anymore things that you think I should add/replace upgrade/downgrade and if everything will be compatible together, please let me know. :hello:
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need final thoughts build thanks
  1. Best answer
    That's a pretty solid build. The Level 10 is massive overkill though - I'd say drop that to a Corsair Carbide 500R and invest the difference in upgrading your cooling solution to a Noctua D14. With that fan you'll be able to take the 3570K to 5+GHz and beyond.

Carbide: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139010
    D14: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018

And then that RAM won't work with your cooling system because of the tall heat sinks, you'll need something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226095
  2. Awesome thanks for the advice, im still pretty set on the case but the other items have me thinking!

I think i might just get the mushkin memory you recommended, that way I can add the awesome cooling solution you recommended.

In the current build i have planned will the heatsinks on the memory get in the way off the 212 cooler?
  3. also can i just install the ram into slots #2 and #4 to make way for the cpu coolers?
  4. Consult your motherboard manual, but most are 1 and 3.
  5. Would need to check mobo manual to see if you can do that - just depends. Think it's a really solid build. Love Level 10 but not in my budget :)
  6. Cool thanks everyone, havnt found anything yet, but ill keep looking into it
  7. Best answer selected by roycelv.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product