Sign in with
Your question

CPU Fried?

Last response: in CPUs
August 6, 2012 9:01:36 AM

Hello all =)

I recently did a build mobo msi Z77a-GD65, cpu i5 2500, g.skill 8gb (2x4) ddr3 1600, samsung spinpoint 1tb, cooler master storm scout, cooler master evo 212 cpu cooler.

Anyways I put everything together and nothing so I took everything apart and found that some of the socket pins were bent. my question is since I tried to power it on like that is there a chance that I fried the cpu? Also I tested it in another mobo (same model as one above) and only thing that happened (on both of em) was that the little light came on on the mobo and the cpu fan twitched. Any clue what that could be about? Its been along time since I worked on a computer a lot of stuff has changed and would really appreciate any and all help that y'all could offer :) 

thanks in advance,

Matt

More about : cpu fried

a c 190 à CPUs
August 6, 2012 5:19:00 PM

If you damaged the processor with a short from bent pins there might be some visible damage on the processor. I would still try the processor on another board before give up on it.
m
l
August 7, 2012 12:34:09 AM

Thanks for the quick reply =) I will have to give that a shot when I get my mobo back.

thanks again!

Matt
m
l
!