Solved

Radeon 6670 in PCI-E 1.0

My question specifically refers to a Radeon HD 6670, and more specifically to the following sentence in the "Best Graphics Card for the Money: February 2012" article:
Quote:
That is to say its power requirements are entirely satisfied by a second-generation PCI Express x16 slot.

Now, the question is: Will a Radeon 6670 *without a 6-pin connector* get enough power from a PCI Express 1.0 to function properly or would I need to find a card with the power connector?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about radeon 6670
  1. it will run fine in any pci-e slot, just tell me your psu wattage
  2. I have a 600W PSU so I know that wouldn't be a problem. The only concern was whether the older pci-e slot would suffice.
  3. picklesnickles said:
    I have a 600W PSU so I know that wouldn't be a problem. The only concern was whether the older pci-e slot would suffice.

i ran a 5850 on a pci-e 1.0 slot with no problems ;)
  4. Best answer
    pretty sure it should be fine I had a 6670 running of an old pc - core 2 1.8ghz that was probably pcie x 1 and it worked fine.

I'm pretty sure the power stays the same in new revisions, the newer revisions can just handle more bandwidth.

edit: on the official ati page this is what it says about the 6670 for requirements

PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard

doesn't specify a newer revision so you will be fine.
  5. Ok thanks for the feedback! I wanted to get a second opinion before I dropped the money on the card.
  6. picklesnickles said:
    Ok thanks for the feedback! I wanted to get a second opinion before I dropped the money on the card.

you should be fine bro, that card will play game at decent settings
  7. Best answer selected by picklesnickles.
  8. HELP :( :(

am planning to buy (xfx 6670 1gb ddr5) card,but i do hav a doubt, does this card require a 6-pin power connector to run,or will it run on onboard power,,,
    my specs
    AMD Athlon x2 245 series 3.0ghz processor
    Corsair 4GB ddr 2 800mhz
    Asus m2n68-am plus motherboard (PCIe X 16)
    Current Graphics Card-Sparkle Ge-force 210 gt 1gb ddr3
    Zebronics 450watt psu...
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Radeon Power PCI Express Graphics