My motherboard's green led light glows little and computer does not start

donraza007

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
My motherboard's green led light glows little and computer does not start. when i just hit the motherboard two three times from outside the cabinet then light glows more and computer starts. Computer also turned off automatically at any time and green light glows little. That means when green light glows more, computer runs ok and when glows little computer turned off or not started. What should i do.

I separated my MB and SMPS from cabinet, keep it on a news paper and started my PC but after some time also
i am getting same problem. Also i checked with one other SMPS but getting same result. Any suggestion Now...

sounds like a power supply issue.

donraza007

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Thanks for your quick response....

You are saying i have SMPS problem. I have tested with another used SMPS but getting same problem. Should i test with another new one ? Or i have any another issue. Kindly suggest me, it's little urgent.

My motherboard's green led light glows little and computer does not start. when i just hit the motherboard two three times from outside the cabinet then light glows more and computer starts.

This sounds like a power supply issue, however the power supply may not be at fault. It could be that you are having connection problems with the 20 or 24 pin connector on the motherboard. Because of the high current through the pins on this connector they can become burnt and corroded. Take this connector off and clean the pin connector as required.