XP problem with Works and Office installed.

I have a problem. If Microsoft Works 8 is installed, BEFORE Office XP
(0r 2003) everything works fine. IF Office is installed first, and
THEN Works........ the Task Launcher of Works fails to open.
I have known this for a couple years, and have always installed Works
first......... but I recently upgraded from Works 7 to 8. The problem
is back.
Any tips on restoring function to Works Task Launcher?
I have tried uninstall-reinstall of both Works and Office to no avail.
I'd hate to do a wipe and start fresh, just for this one minor
problem. ( It IS an irritating problem though!)

§kullywag©-
3 answers Last reply
More about problem works office installed

    Hi

    Have you tried the Office Setup News Group:

    news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.office.setup or
    http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:31:09 -0000, "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org>
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Have you tried the Office Setup News Group:
    >
    >news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.office.setup or
    >http://aumha.org/nntp.htm
    Wasn't aware there was one. Thats what I get for not looking.
    Thanx for the heads up.

    §kullywag©-

    > On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:31:09 -0000, "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi
    >>
    >>Have you tried the Office Setup News Group:
    >>
    >>news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.office.setup or
    >>http://aumha.org/nntp.htm
    > Wasn't aware there was one. Thats what I get for not looking.
    > Thanx for the heads up.
    >

    > §kullywag©-

    hi

    It's easier to which MS MGs are available using the link to Jim Eshelman's
    web page.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

Configuration Microsoft Office Windows XP