Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

XP problem with Works and Office installed.

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
November 20, 2004 2:44:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I have a problem. If Microsoft Works 8 is installed, BEFORE Office XP
(0r 2003) everything works fine. IF Office is installed first, and
THEN Works........ the Task Launcher of Works fails to open.
I have known this for a couple years, and have always installed Works
first......... but I recently upgraded from Works 7 to 8. The problem
is back.
Any tips on restoring function to Works Task Launcher?
I have tried uninstall-reinstall of both Works and Office to no avail.
I'd hate to do a wipe and start fresh, just for this one minor
problem. ( It IS an irritating problem though!)


§kullywag©-
Anonymous
November 21, 2004 12:31:09 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi

Have you tried the Office Setup News Group:

news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.office.setup or
http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups


"§kullywag©-" <skullywag@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:t0bup0tfkgebkqmr91andeo1snvpdpue2s@4ax.com...
>I have a problem. If Microsoft Works 8 is installed, BEFORE Office XP
> (0r 2003) everything works fine. IF Office is installed first, and
> THEN Works........ the Task Launcher of Works fails to open.
> I have known this for a couple years, and have always installed Works
> first......... but I recently upgraded from Works 7 to 8. The problem
> is back.
> Any tips on restoring function to Works Task Launcher?
> I have tried uninstall-reinstall of both Works and Office to no avail.
> I'd hate to do a wipe and start fresh, just for this one minor
> problem. ( It IS an irritating problem though!)
>
>
> §kullywag©-
Anonymous
November 21, 2004 2:08:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:31:09 -0000, "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org>
wrote:

>Hi
>
>Have you tried the Office Setup News Group:
>
>news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.office.setup or
>http://aumha.org/nntp.htm
Wasn't aware there was one. Thats what I get for not looking.
Thanx for the heads up.


§kullywag©-
Anonymous
November 21, 2004 3:33:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

"§kullywag©-" <skullywag@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:hrt0q0lr39r0bp01crk917prc7p96drldt@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:31:09 -0000, "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>Have you tried the Office Setup News Group:
>>
>>news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.office.setup or
>>http://aumha.org/nntp.htm
> Wasn't aware there was one. Thats what I get for not looking.
> Thanx for the heads up.
>
>
> §kullywag©-

hi

It's easier to which MS MGs are available using the link to Jim Eshelman's
web page.


--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups
Related resources
!