XP problem with Works and Office installed.

I have a problem. If Microsoft Works 8 is installed, BEFORE Office XP
(0r 2003) everything works fine. IF Office is installed first, and
THEN Works........ the Task Launcher of Works fails to open.
I have known this for a couple years, and have always installed Works
first......... but I recently upgraded from Works 7 to 8. The problem
is back.
Any tips on restoring function to Works Task Launcher?
I have tried uninstall-reinstall of both Works and Office to no avail.
I'd hate to do a wipe and start fresh, just for this one minor
problem. ( It IS an irritating problem though!)

§kullywag©-

Hi

Have you tried the Office Setup News Group:

news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.office.setup or
http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:31:09 -0000, "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org>
wrote:

>Hi
>
>Have you tried the Office Setup News Group:
>
>news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.office.setup or
>http://aumha.org/nntp.htm
Wasn't aware there was one. Thats what I get for not looking.
Thanx for the heads up.

§kullywag©-

> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:31:09 -0000, "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>Have you tried the Office Setup News Group:
>>
>>news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.office.setup or
>>http://aumha.org/nntp.htm
> Wasn't aware there was one. Thats what I get for not looking.
> Thanx for the heads up.
>

> §kullywag©-

hi

It's easier to which MS MGs are available using the link to Jim Eshelman's
web page.