Custom pc build randomly freezing completely, have to force reboot

My computer is completely freezing up at seemingly random intervals of time. (usually in the middle of a video game, starcraft2 for example)
I checked the system log and nothing notable shows up at any time close to when it crashes.
I have ran Memory diagnostics, hard drive diagnostics, chkdsk, i have reseated the memory the graphics cards and the cables.
I checked the temperatures of the processor and video cards when it freezes because only 1 of the 3 monitors goes completely blank (the one running the video game) and they are nothing special, 50-60 celsius on the processor and 60-70 on the video card under load.
I recently had to install service pack 1 for windows 7 64bit but the issue already occured before that.

Mainboard : Asus Rampage III Formula
Chipset : Intel X58
Processor : Intel Core i7 950 @ 3066MHz
Physical Memory : 12288MB (6 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM )
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 x2 SLI
Hard Disk : INTEL SS DSA2M040G2GC SCSI Disk Device (40GB)
Hard Disk : Western Digital WD64 02AAEX-00Z3A0 SCSI Disk Device (640GB)
Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
4 answers Last reply
More about custom build randomly freezing completely force reboot
  1. It sounds as though the SLI configuration may be unstable, have you tried replicating the problem with just one of the 470's installed?
  2. I thought that might be the issue, yesterday i flashed my bios to the most recent version and disabled SLI completely on the graphics cards. The computer crashed completely 5minutes ago while just watching a movie all temperatures no higher than 55degrees celsius. (1 monitor goes completely black, 2 monitors stay on a frozen screen nothing i do has any response on the system and i am forces to push the power button)
  3. The machine gave a bluescreen along with the crash, the minidump pointed towards CSRSS.exe
  4. any help would be nice :s
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems