Sign in with
Your question

I get lag on my game. Need hel[

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 15, 2012 9:46:57 PM

Every time I play my game on my HP Pavillion PC it starts up fine but after about 5 minutes of play its get so laggy that it\'s almost impossible to play. The weird thing is that after 10 minutes the lag will go away and it will play just fine again. But then lag for again fine again lag again and so on. I have no idea what to do. It used to work just fine but now it does that lag thing. I just need some ideas what to do to try to fix it. Somone please help.

More about : lag game hel

a b U Graphics card
February 15, 2012 9:58:31 PM

Have you been able to figure out if its your PC or your internet? Pull up task manager and find out what program is pulling the weight.

A program like CCLeaner will allow you to deactivate some of your unneeded startup programs to reduce the burden on your PC.

Edit: Plz post system specs(CPU, Ram, Graphics), the game you are playing, etc.

... Also this is probably in the wrong section for this post if one of the moderators would like to move the thread
m
l
February 15, 2012 10:00:45 PM

ya but I don't know if you've heard of the game dota. its Warcraft 3 frozen throne really the only game i play. I used to play world of Warcraft all the time on this same pc and it ran that just fine. it might be the internet that is causing it. How do I do that? I'm still kinda new to computers
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 15, 2012 11:21:36 PM

Yep played DOTA back in the 00s. Frozen throne shouldn't have any bandwidth issues.

Have you tried turning down the graphics? If that doesn't work do the first thing I said and kill other processes that are running at the same time.

The easiest way to do that is to download ccleaner and deactivate all startup programs that dont seem needed.
m
l
February 16, 2012 10:27:36 AM

Are u installed from game cd or just copy paste? If installed i know how to fix it. Im addict of DOTA( defence of the ancient), i haved same prob and i fixed it. ,and please post ur system(cpu ram etc)
m
l
April 15, 2012 2:01:07 AM

Ariunbold said:
Are u installed from game cd or just copy paste? If installed i know how to fix it. Im addict of DOTA( defence of the ancient), i haved same prob and i fixed it. ,and please post ur system(cpu ram etc)

i have dell inspiron core 2 duo @2 ghz laptop....windows vista home premium 32 bit....2 gb ram.....128 mb nvidia cards....Can it run dota 6.74c smoothly? i tried but the it was lagging a lot and was getting ~20 fps only
m
l
!