  • Nokia
  • Compatibility
Last response: in Brands
April 27, 2004 9:36:16 PM

Hi,

Does anyone know the model number of the mains charger that ships with the
UK Orange version of the Nokia 3100? It must be the one that comes in the
box, not one of the other compatible chargers.

Thanks,
Duncan.

More about : nokia 3100 mains charger

Anonymous
April 27, 2004 9:36:17 PM

"Debaunkon Pal" <aunkon@hemscott.nez> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know the model number of the mains charger that ships with the
> UK Orange version of the Nokia 3100? It must be the one that comes in the
> box, not one of the other compatible chargers.

ACP-7X - slow, but better for the battery than the ACP-12X that many DCT4
handsets ship with.

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> http://www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
>>> http://www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
April 27, 2004 10:46:02 PM

why better for the battery? i just charged my 8310 with the ACP-12X that
came with my 6220. nice and fast charge
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 8:03:22 PM

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:43:42 GMT, Richard Colton wrote:

> "Debaunkon Pal" <aunkon@hemscott.nez> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone know the model number of the mains charger that ships with the
>> UK Orange version of the Nokia 3100? It must be the one that comes in the
>> box, not one of the other compatible chargers.
>
> ACP-7X - slow, but better for the battery than the ACP-12X that many DCT4
> handsets ship with.

I was under the impression that Lithium Ion batteries should only be
charged at a particular rate, and that "fast charging" wasn't possible or
advisable...

The ACP-12X is listed in the 3100 manual, by the way, as a "travel charger"
featuring multiple voltages, which implies it's not for everyday use.

The ACP-7X fully charges the battery in a maximum of 3 hours anyway, so I
can't see why it's considered "slow" - after all, I'm getting about a week
out of each charge... :)

- Anthony
!