Sign in with
Your question

How do I know SLI is working?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 15, 2012 11:21:17 PM

Hey guys, I just put in my second GTX 560ti and was just wondering if there's any way to ensure SLI is working. And yes I connected the bridge ;) .

More about : sli working

a c 216 U Graphics card
February 15, 2012 11:34:55 PM

Right click the desktop and choose "Nvidia Control Panel". Now look under 3D Settings on the left and click on Configure SLI, Surround, PhysX. On the right, you can enable it. At the bottom, it'll show your cards and an SLI green bar under them if activated.

That or you can check GPU-Z.
m
l
February 15, 2012 11:37:37 PM

I think something is wrong then because I have no option under 3D settings to enable SLI. In the task list there is a Configure PhysX but it just asks me to select a PhysX processor. Gonna download GPU-Z and try that real quick.

Edit: GPU-Z says SLI is disabled? Do I need to install something or what?
m
l
Related resources
a c 216 U Graphics card
February 15, 2012 11:50:22 PM

Shavako said:
I think something is wrong then because I have no option under 3D settings to enable SLI. In the task list there is a Configure PhysX but it just asks me to select a PhysX processor. Gonna download GPU-Z and try that real quick.

Edit: GPU-Z says SLI is disabled? Do I need to install something or what?

You might have to reinstall the software for those options to be available. Try reinstalling the drivers.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 15, 2012 11:54:28 PM

1st and foremost list your full system specs.... I assume your not talking about the rig in your member config (athlon II and gt430)
m
l
February 16, 2012 12:10:10 AM

Oh, that was my old system lol I need to update that:

Specs:
Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD3H-B3
Intel Core i5 2500k
2x Palit GTX 560ti 2GB
Corsair TX750M

I believe that's all the relevant specs. Also, re-installing the drivers didn't help. GPU-Z still says it's disabled.
m
l
February 16, 2012 12:23:58 AM

You might want to verify the new card works by just replacing your primary and firing it up. Once you know that it works, then add the second. I would then uninstall drivers and reinstall. What was mentioned before is how I would detect SLI. You might also check your BIOS to see if you can select the speed of the PCIe slots. Hope it all works out.
m
l
!