Upgrade Question

Hello i am currently running a AMD Phenom x4 965 BE and AMD radeon XFX 6850 and looking to upgrade so modern day games run much smoother.

Would it be better to upgrade my 6850 to a 7850HD and keep the same CPU or better to change the CPU to a i5 2500k and keep the 6850.

Any help would be great thanks.
8 answers Last reply
More about upgrade question
  1. depends on games and monitor resolution, but my first thought would be graphics card.
  2. If you are looking to increase your gaming performance then upgrade the graphics card.
  3. You will probably get a better boost in FPS with a graphics card upgrade than a CPU upgrade. Because its the BE, I would over clock it as much as possible so you can upgrade the GPU and get much better performance.
    http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.php?cpu=AMD+Phenom+II+X4+965

I would note, it's important to remember that most games are more graphics card dependent. So could you please post what games you are interested in?
  4. The resolution 1920 x 1080, and the games I'm looking to run smooth are Guild wars 2 and planetside 2
  5. I assume both games are GPU dependent due to their nature ( being action games and not RTS's).

I think a new graphics card would be a better fix for what you are trying to achieve.

Hope that helped! Good Luck!
  6. I would even get a good CPU heat sink and OC that Phenom so you can get the most out of your system.
  7. Thanks a lot for the help i really appreciate it.
  8. Anytime!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD