splinter chaos - hacking

Mij

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2002

Need a little help here. I can't figure out how to hack computers and
keypads. The tutorial on this game is worthless. I've played the first two
Splinters with no problem, but this hacking bullshit has got me stumped. Can
someone give me a quick primer? Thanks.

Far from pointless. Once you lock a number in place, it only
highlights the available ips. So if you lock 191, it will only show
you addresses starting with 191. Without locking, you would have to
scroll up and down the entire list.

Nothing wrong with not locking, but not pointless.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

mij wrote:
> Need a little help here. I can't figure out how to hack computers and
> keypads. The tutorial on this game is worthless. I've played the
> first two Splinters with no problem, but this hacking bullshit has
> got me stumped. Can someone give me a quick primer? Thanks.

Concentrate only on the numbers that light up. The ip ranges are in order,
so if 191 lights up you know that the whole line is one of 2 or 3 lines on
the top row. Wait for another to light up and just narrow them down to the
exact line. Then use up and down to go to that line and select it. Be
careful of the timer bar, if you fail and timer runs out you lose health. If
timer is running low just exit and go back again.
Some people use X to lock the numbers in place, but that is pointless, as
long as you take note of each number you do not have to lock them.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Zimmy wrote:
> Far from pointless. Once you lock a number in place, it only
> highlights the available ips. So if you lock 191, it will only show
> you addresses starting with 191. Without locking, you would have to
> scroll up and down the entire list.
>
> Nothing wrong with not locking, but not pointless.

Quite right. Its only pointless if one finds the other way easier. I find
it pointless as I don't personally use it. I didn't mean pointless
generally, just said it the wrong way :)

Mij

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2002

Thanks to both of you - your directions were right on. As for me, locking in
the numbers works for me as well. Appreciate the feedback.