Goldmemory and testing SDRAM

G

I've got a Duron system that is experiencing random freezes and I beleive it isn't the RAM, but I would like to be sure. I've downloaded the shareware program (from www.download.com) called Goldmemory 5.07 which seems to be pretty good, and it didn't find any problems with my ram. So the first question is does anyone here have any experience with this program ? Second do any of you know of other good programs to test your ram with ? I'm mostly interested in stability not speed here. Prefeerably shareware or freeware, but any tips would be appreciated.
I'm running W2k now and I've got 2 sticks of PC133 SDRAM, one 128MB and one 64MB.

Cobos

If you are not part of the solution you are part of the precipitate.

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
The best way to test your RAM is to take it to your neighbor tech store and have them test it. There are machines that are designed for just this kind of thing.

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

walkr

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ok Goldmemory is not a very good util... i found that a program called Doc Memory is much better and it can be downloaded from www.simmtester.com and its free ware.

G

Ok.... I'll try out Doc Memory then, thanks for the tip...

Cobos

If you are not part of the solution you are part of the precipitate.