How to Partition my hard drive

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Any links where I can find out how to do this? What are the true benefits?
TY
4 answers Last reply
More about partition hard drive
  1. Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Hi, Chris,

    The only way you can re-partition your hard drive without losing all your programs, is with a 3rd party partition manager, such as Partition Magic or Bootit NG.
    Otherwise you will have to start from scratch, and re-install XP on a clean hard drive.

    Jerry

    "Chris J." <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:309atnF2tqo2mU1@uni-berlin.de...
    > Any links where I can find out how to do this? What are the true benefits?
    > TY

  2. Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    How to Use the Fdisk Tool and the Format Tool to Partition
    or Repartition a Hard Disk
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=255867

    Tutorial on How to Create & Delete Hard Drive Partitions
    http://fdisk.radified.com/

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 11:49:56 -0500, in
    <309atnF2tqo2mU1@uni-berlin.de>
    Chris J. scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
  3. Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    I have two hard disks on my machine. The master drive is divided into
    several partitions. In theory, if you keep all your important data on a
    separate partition from the OS (usually C:) then if you ever have to
    reinstall the OS then your data is relatively safe. I use Norton Ghost to
    keep backups of the C: drive on the second hard disk.

    "Chris J." <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Any links where I can find out how to do this? What are the true benefits?
    > TY

  4. Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    "Philip" <pr_bellamy@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in

    > I have two hard disks on my machine. The master drive is divided into
    > several partitions. In theory, if you keep all your important data on
    > a separate partition from the OS (usually C:) then if you ever have to
    > reinstall the OS then your data is relatively safe. I use Norton Ghost
    > to keep backups of the C: drive on the second hard disk.

    There are a lot of perfectly valid reasons for multiple partitions on the
    same drive. The idea that having your OS on a different partition of the
    same physical drive makes your data safe is simply not one of them.

Configuration Partition Hard Drives Customization Microsoft Windows XP