Amd fx-2100/2170 vs intel core i3 2100/2120/2130 for gaming

For $100 or less, you won't get anything very good, but here are two options.

The best option: HIS H675F1GD Radeon HD 6750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity $99.99

Second best option: ASUS EAH6670/DIS/1GD5 Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card $92.99

Neither one of those are what I would call "good" gaming cards, but they'll be ok.

As far as that system goes, it looks decent enough, yeah. Not the best, but it could still handle a MUCH better GPU than either of the ones I linked (well, not the PSU. The PSU is complete junk).

azndude3141

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012

do you recommend me upgrading the psu to 585w hec X orion?

LOL, no. That PSU is as bad (or worse) than the one it comes with. I actually have that HEC unit in one of my builds that I don't care about, and it's the worst pieces of junk that I've ever owned. VERY lightweight and the voltages a VERY unstable.

If you're going to get a better PSU, go for SeaSonic, Corsair, Antec, PC Power & Cooling, XFX, or Silverstone. Almost all units from those companies are great quality units that you'll never have a problem with.

Yes, units from those companies are more expensive, but there's a reason for that: Quality. The PSU is THE most important part of the system and you DO NOT want to cheap out and go with junk, just to save money. It's not worth it because when a bad PSU dies, if it dies catastrophically, it can take out other components in the system with it. Just too risky.