Computer doesn't boot Motherboard or CPU problem how to check which

FunDuck

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
Hi,

Recently "tried" to build a computer. Purchased all parts and basically screwed up somewhere.

I have a problem booting or getting the system to power on.

PSU is functional tested with the paper clip method.

Where my problem could be:
I overapplied thermal paste where it went overboard on the sides of the cpu though to my sight i seen none hit the board.

Original issue:
I flipped the power switch, computer turned ON for 2 seconds turns off immediately. Computer is in case everything is plugged.

Dilema:
I removed everything placed board on foam that it came in to do breadboarding, i flip the switch with only CPU installed 1 ram CPU fan installed, un-installed, installed to the side but to no avail no signs of life at all. Requires a bit of force to shove the 24 pin in, very difficult to put in and remove.

Not sure if i busted the Motherboard or busted the cpu by putting too much thermal paste and then scaping it off.

Any easy way to test if it's the mobo?

FunDuck

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
Thermal paste:
ARCTIC COOLING Arctic Cooling MX-4 AC-MX4 4 gram

ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4

ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V

FunDuck

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
Brought computer to repair shop,

proper installation was required but noted that the cooling fan was not compatible with the 1155 board. It was tight to install looked good but in the end was a No No.

When *** hits the fan and you become clueless sometimes the best thing to do is go on google.com put the map of your area and type in "computer repair", find the shop you think can help you out via good reviews.

I didn't want to go this route but at least he concluded that all my parts were good and i know if i kept messing with it I'd definitely bust more ***.

This is the link to their site, "http://www.pcczone.com/"

I bought my *** off of newegg but didn't think of buying from local suppliers,

TRENDING THREADS