Closed Solved

Error 500 - Ohoh Something is wrong

Greetings,

I have been seeing several of these error pages in the last few days "Error 500 - Ohoh Something is wrong ...It looks like something is broken in our systems...". Seems that there have been some slow performance issues as well (on 2 different networks BTW).

Just wanted to confirm whether it is just me (entirely possible) or a more general issue.

Have fun!!!

COLGeek
21 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about error ohoh wrong
  1. It's not just you.

It's a strange looking "404" type error page that comes in from Tom's. I get it when clicking on links to responded threads in the 'Profile, Threads, Messages' box.
  2. It's not you. Have been seeing the 500 error code recently.

I think it's related to issues with Tom's Guide server site.
    Usually we see a small hammer Favicon on the browser when working in the THG forums.

When the errors pop up in the forums I'm seeing a blue satellite dish Favicon in the browser - which is the Favicon of the Tom's Guide website.
  3. Apologies for the issue - we are looking into it.
  4. Standing by for improvements. I am now copying replies to threads before I submit them so that I still have the response when the error occurs. Then, I paste what I tried to post again....It works, but is a pain.
  5. Best answer
    Here's what the error look like. Note the blue satellite disk as the webpage Favicon vs the usual THG hammer Favicon.

6. They must be doing some testing and looking around.
    I just had 3 of about six posts in the last 15 minutes go 500 on me.
  7. I hope so, I have had several today as well.
  8. COLGeek said:
    Standing by for improvements. I am now copying replies to threads before I submit them so that I still have the response when the error occurs. Then, I paste what I tried to post again....It works, but is a pain.

I've had three of these 500 error messages whilst posting replies but none have resulted in losing the text - the page refreshes itself and the reply is there. As a precaution, though, I'll start clipboarding just in case.

9. I've seen it like 20 times.
  10. Happens to me on random post and on the moderator section (I wouldn't be able to discuss moderation matters).
  11. Error 500 - Ohoh Something is wrong ...
    It looks like something is broken in our systems...
  12. Yep I get it now as well.
  13. Hi everyone,
    we are looking at a network issue with the hosting company. It is fortunate that you guys reproted it, since it's happening at a level where we do not even get an error report on our side.
  14. Hi everyone,

Please can you give us the code tag associated to the message Ohoh Something is missing (like -FR4-) on future 500 errors to check if it's located to a specific node or not ?

Thank you, we are working actively on the issue.

Regards
  15. No 500 errors in the last hour.
  16. The problem has been fixed. Thank all for your help.
  17. Thanks for the fast work. Haven't seen any 500s since the NOC team looked in.
  18. Then we can close this thread. Thanks!!!
  19. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
  20. Best answer selected by Area51reopened.
Ask a new question

Read More

Site Bug Reports Performance Systems Tom's Hardware