Sign in with
Your question

Computer turns on, no beep, fan spins, but nothing is displayed.

Last response: in Components
August 7, 2012 1:02:06 AM

Hey guys need help.

I got my computer 2 years ago, when i opened it up on Christmas day everything seemed fine, but after playing a game i just installed it blue screened. The shop i bought it from said it was a software problem so they wouldn't fix it, wasn't in the warranty, but it couldn't be a software problem because i installed windows 7 on it, a completely different operating system. I still had the blue screen problem for awhile until i changed the RAM, then everything seemed to work perfectly. But then it completely stopped working it would turn on, beep but not display anything. I had few people to look at it, and someone said it was the RAM as i presumed, but he also said it was the motherboard frying the RAM.

So with my pc fixed i continued to use if for my games, blue screen free. A couple of months ago it blue screened again, but this time when i turned it on, the lights lit up, the fan spin, no beep and nothing was displayed.

I have tried different RAM, a different HDD, different Graphics card, different monitor, still nothing. I'm presuming that the motherboard has gone, but the thing that confused me is when i placed my HDD into another computer and everything seem fine but it started to blue screen again. So any ideas? if it is the mother board where can i get a new one?

Thanks x
August 7, 2012 1:34:29 AM

TwoOfSpades said:
Hey guys need help.

I got my computer 2 years ago, when i opened it up on Christmas day everything seemed fine, but after playing a game i just installed it blue screened. The shop i bought it from said it was a software problem so they wouldn't fix it, wasn't in the warranty, but it couldn't be a software problem because i installed windows 7 on it, a completely different operating system. I still had the blue screen problem for awhile until i changed the RAM, then everything seemed to work perfectly. But then it completely stopped working it would turn on, beep but not display anything. I had few people to look at it, and someone said it was the RAM as i presumed, but he also said it was the motherboard frying the RAM.

So with my pc fixed i continued to use if for my games, blue screen free. A couple of months ago it blue screened again, but this time when i turned it on, the lights lit up, the fan spin, no beep and nothing was displayed.

I have tried different RAM, a different HDD, different Graphics card, different monitor, still nothing. I'm presuming that the motherboard has gone, but the thing that confused me is when i placed my HDD into another computer and everything seem fine but it started to blue screen again. So any ideas? if it is the mother board where can i get a new one?

Thanks x

Hey i read you article about you computer i have had the same exact problem with my pc but after all i fix mines my self because im a computer technician, email me at www.elementwork88@yahoo.com about you problem in a personal message,be detailed as possible. and i can help you :pt1cable: 
Related resources
!