Sign in with
Your question

DDR5 Nvidia Gforce GT 440

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 16, 2012 10:10:23 AM

Hello, can u give me an idea on how to fix my problem... the situation is I used a DDR5 gamecard( Gforce GT440) on a DDR3 motherboard... the gaming runs smoothly but when it comes to online streaming and video watching( i.e. youtube) the screen is pixelated... any ideas please, just some simple tweaks I can do on my own..Thanks alot!!

More about : ddr5 nvidia gforce 440

a b Î Nvidia
February 16, 2012 10:16:10 AM

What is 'pixelated' do you mean?
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
February 16, 2012 11:18:27 AM

is your desktop is at high resolution and the video is at a lower resolution, you will see the video at a very low quality with a "pixelated" image;

if that is what you mean...

Solution is to watch the video at the same resolution your monitor is using, 1080p, or 720p...
m
l
Related resources
February 16, 2012 11:41:33 AM

Just use the lastest official drivers for the card and not the beta ones, which have specific issues with HD video.

I've personally had the same issue with my GTX590 and a restore of the system to the state i had the stable drivers resolved the issue, but reinstalling and cleaning with driver sweeper didn't.
m
l
February 16, 2012 2:35:53 PM

My Reply:

Hi sir, i mean when i play YouTube or other online streaming websites, the video will turn into pixelated until my computer is restart..but there is another way to avoid the pixel thing, i used to stop the video until the buffering is done and then ill play the video..i tried to used resolution from 800 x 600 up to the highest resolution, but nothing's happen..my PS is 700W i don't think so if the problem is my PS..can u help me with this problem sir..thank u so much!! additional information about my problem, i just got encounter says Nvidia is stop working and suddenly recover.
m
l
February 16, 2012 2:38:04 PM

nurd said:
Just use the lastest official drivers for the card and not the beta ones, which have specific issues with HD video.

I've personally had the same issue with my GTX590 and a restore of the system to the state i had the stable drivers resolved the issue, but reinstalling and cleaning with driver sweeper didn't.

My Reply:

i install the latest patch of my Vcard, but it's the same problem i got encounter, i tried also the clean installation but nothing's happen..
m
l
February 16, 2012 2:38:46 PM

ricardois said:
is your desktop is at high resolution and the video is at a lower resolution, you will see the video at a very low quality with a "pixelated" image;

if that is what you mean...

Solution is to watch the video at the same resolution your monitor is using, 1080p, or 720p...

My Reply :

Hi sir, i mean when i play YouTube or other online streaming websites, the video will turn into pixelated until my computer is restart..but there is another way to avoid the pixel thing, i used to stop the video until the buffering is done and then ill play the video..i tried to used resolution from 800 x 600 up to the highest resolution, but nothing's happen..my PS is 700W i don't think so if the problem is my PS..can u help me with this problem sir..thank u so much!! additional information about my problem, i just got encounter says Nvidia is stop working and suddenly recover.
m
l
February 16, 2012 2:43:08 PM

OneHeart24 said:
My Reply :

As I said use 285.62 - WHQL drivers but see how to properly clean the ones you are using now, in my case I tried with driver sweeper but still had exactly the same simptoms. I did a restore with Acronis (I make a system backup every 2 weeks) and it was all working fine and is since
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
February 16, 2012 3:39:55 PM

The issue is not the video card, your internet connection seems to be slow.

The memory technology on the card and the motherboard will not cause any issues, they don't need to match, and very often don't. It would be like you falling down all the time because you wore a green hat and a red shirt instead of a red hat to match.

EDIT- Just saw that you also are having video driver crashing, that should not be happening, try the older drivers that were already posted.
m
l
February 16, 2012 4:48:13 PM

Just to be clear on what hang-the-9 said:

VGA memory and system memory two completely different things.
m
l
February 26, 2012 10:46:45 AM

nurd said:
As I said use 285.62 - WHQL drivers but see how to properly clean the ones you are using now, in my case I tried with driver sweeper but still had exactly the same simptoms. I did a restore with Acronis (I make a system backup every 2 weeks) and it was all working fine and is since

Hi! sir, i still got the same problem until now, i already done using 285.62 version..i use 295.51 version now..but it's still the same..when i disable my vcard everything goes find when the online streaming thing, but when it enable its the same again...
m
l
!