a fitness game? for the XBox?? huh?

went into Best Buy today, strolled through the XBox games section and
was stunned to see six copies of this game on the shelf... Yourself
Fitness for the XBox. i had to look again.

http://www.yourselffitness.com/default.aspx

i'm not saying it's bad or anything like that at all, but it's just
kind of odd to see an XBox video game at Amazon.com, where they say,
"we also recommend Le Mystere Y-Back Contour Bra" or "the Cosabella
Soire Camisole." i can't imagine finding something like that
recommended with Halo 2! ;o)

http://tinyurl.com/8w6aw
6 answers Last reply
More about fitness game xbox

    Fizzlestix <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote:
    > went into Best Buy today, strolled through the XBox games section and
    > was stunned to see six copies of this game on the shelf... Yourself
    > Fitness for the XBox. i had to look again.

    I've seen that title as well. Not sure what the point is, since it seems
    to just be a combination of an exercise tape along with some recipes and
    such. You'd be better off just buying '5 minute abs' or whatever from the
    next aisle over for $10...

    No, we would all be better off weaning our fat asses from the xbox for an
    hour a day and spending that time walking, riding a bike or execising in the
    gym. Thumb mashing does not constitute an adequate exercise program.

    Doug Jacobs wrote:

    > Fizzlestix <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote:
    > > went into Best Buy today, strolled through the XBox games section and
    > > was stunned to see six copies of this game on the shelf... Yourself
    > > Fitness for the XBox. i had to look again.
    >
    > I've seen that title as well. Not sure what the point is, since it seems
    > to just be a combination of an exercise tape along with some recipes and
    > such. You'd be better off just buying '5 minute abs' or whatever from the
    > next aisle over for $10...

    More than anything else, I'd like to see it just for her 3D model. If you go
    over to the dev's website, they show off some of the scenes where she's
    actually talking and whatnot...it's damn-near FF(the movie) quality, if not
    better. If nothing else, it ought to be applauded for that. ;)

    Bel
    --

    Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

    "Now what's your momma gonna say about this?"
    - Marcus Hill, Narc

    My XBox is in front of my exercise bike. I get in a good hour of
    Morrowind (GoTY edition) every night. I'm going to get my GF's XBox for
    in front of the Treadmill. She likes the GameCube games better anyway,
    so I'll just buy her one and put the XBox in the holder where the VCR
    is now. I just hope I can find a memory stick that will hold a
    Morrowind save.

    Mike

    "Fizzlestix" <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote in message
    > went into Best Buy today, strolled through the XBox games section and
    > was stunned to see six copies of this game on the shelf... Yourself
    > Fitness for the XBox. i had to look again.
    >
    > http://www.yourselffitness.com/default.aspx
    >
    > i'm not saying it's bad or anything like that at all, but it's just
    > kind of odd to see an XBox video game at Amazon.com, where they say,
    > "we also recommend Le Mystere Y-Back Contour Bra" or "the Cosabella
    > Soire Camisole." i can't imagine finding something like that
    > recommended with Halo 2! ;o)
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/8w6aw

    fitness games are nothing new, theres one for the original NES too. yoga I
    think.

    sam wrote:
    > No, we would all be better off weaning our fat asses from the xbox
    > for an hour a day and spending that time walking, riding a bike or
    > execising in the gym. Thumb mashing does not constitute an adequate
    > exercise program.

    But the game isn't "thumb mashing." It is an interactive fitness program.

Console Gaming Games Video Xbox Video Games