Sign in with
Your question
Closed

SLI...buy one card now one later?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 16, 2012 11:35:49 AM

Its been a few years since I looked into it but If I buy a GPU and want to buy another later,
can I run em SLI, or is it about buying them at the same time to have the serial numbers together?

Thx

More about : sli buy card

a b U Graphics card
February 16, 2012 11:54:00 AM

No infact thats what alot of people do, buy now buy another later. Instead of buy now buy. i mean if you want the performance now, its buy now now, but i buyed now and got another a few months ago.
Score
February 16, 2012 11:55:51 AM

Rockdpm said:
No infact thats what alot of people do, buy now buy another later. Instead of buy now buy. i mean if you want the performance now, its buy now now, but i buyed now and got another a few months ago.

Thats good either SLI or Crossfire though right?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 16, 2012 12:04:58 PM

Yes, SLi requires the same card ( I'm nearly sure ), and Crossfire requires a card from the same family (any 69xx card with work with another 69xx) but will run at the frequency of the slowest.

The only issue is if you buy a reference card with stock frequency of say 800 MHz, don't invest in a second one with a higher core frequency unless you have room to overclock the first to the same clocks.
February 16, 2012 12:08:22 PM

joedjnpc said:
Yes, SLi requires the same card ( I'm nearly sure ), and Crossfire requires a card from the same family (any 69xx card with work with another 69xx) but will run at the frequency of the slowest.

The only issue is if you buy a reference card with stock frequency of say 800 MHz, don't invest in a second one with a higher core frequency unless you have room to overclock the first to the same clocks.

Alright cool guys thx for the info.
Score
a c 84 U Graphics card
February 16, 2012 12:54:37 PM

first buy the one single graphics card then see what the single card can do if it gives a better performance then buy another one after few months or maybe years no need to buy now both the cards because it didnt worth to buy both now.
Score
February 16, 2012 1:30:29 PM

Best answer selected by Eastwood7.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 16, 2012 9:07:57 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!