Sign in with
Your question
Solved

GTX 560 Ti

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 16, 2012 6:58:55 PM

I'm getting 2 ASUS ENGTX DCUII 560 Ti's soon and I'm planning to watercool them (I know, the coolers on them are great already, but I'm doing this for aesthetics :p ) but are they reference cards or unique? I've been told the latter but I need to confirm this so I know what water blocks to buy; universal or full cover. Thanks :) 

More about : gtx 560

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 16, 2012 7:02:09 PM

They are not reference cards and they are unique compared to the other 560ti's, best to check with the water blocks you are looking at for compatibility from the manufacturer before purchasing them.
Related resources
February 16, 2012 7:15:25 PM

monsta said:
You will be better off getting the EVGA 560ti's for a full water block type like the swiftech' they are very good.

If you decide on the Asus 560ti's you will be limited to something like this

http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/ek-vga-supreme-hf-ace...

Yeah I thought so, I don't have enough money get the 2 EVGA 560 Ti's, henceforth why I chose Asus, since it was one of the cheaper ones
m
l
February 17, 2012 1:18:44 AM

i would reccomend against sli 560tis, with the 600s right around the corner. If you read the microstutter article on tech report, the sli'd 560tis are only a little faster than a gtx 580 for the frame time readings. you can look at all the fps charts which don't show the real picture with sli, the frame time readings are what you want. Even a single 7970 would be a much better option... probably cost you the same after all this water cooling.
m
l
February 17, 2012 3:57:34 AM

lmulder said:
i would reccomend against sli 560tis, with the 600s right around the corner. If you read the microstutter article on tech report, the sli'd 560tis are only a little faster than a gtx 580 for the frame time readings. you can look at all the fps charts which don't show the real picture with sli, the frame time readings are what you want. Even a single 7970 would be a much better option... probably cost you the same after all this water cooling.

With all due respect, I asked for whether the 560 Ti from Asus was the Nvidia reference model or a unique one, not your thoughts on my cards. :p  And it's not like I'm trying to squeeze every FPS out of my cards anyway.
m
l
February 17, 2012 3:58:26 AM

monsta said:
They are not reference cards and they are unique compared to the other 560ti's, best to check with the water blocks you are looking at for compatibility from the manufacturer before purchasing them.

Okay thanks! :D 
m
l
February 17, 2012 3:58:38 AM

Best answer selected by -Jackson.
m
l
!