bernas3000

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Hi everyone,i would like to ask,wich CPU is better,and to make everything quicker and make only one post,wich grapichs card is too.

So my first CPU is an i5 3450 and the second a i7 2600 (not the k version).
So i heard that the i5 is cheaper and better for games,but then i heard that the i7 is better,then i saw that the i7 as something like "threading " that most games do not support.So wich is better? These are the 2 that are in the computers i am going to buy,so these are the only options until next year.

Second,if im allowed to post here too,wich grapichs card is better?
The nvidia GT520 or GT530 ? Oh and the 520 comes with the i7 and the 530 comes with the i5,and both have the 2gb memory thingy.

By the way can i play battlefield 3 in low settings with these combos?
Everything else is alright,like 6gb ram,and stuff like that,these are the 2 that i need to know about,what is keeping me from choosing one,please tell me wich is better,the i7+gt520 or the i5+gt 530?
Im having problems with the CPU because,the grapichs card,i saw that it can,run battlefield 3,but still,im a little bit worried.

And most important,NO OVERCLOCK,i don't want to do that,at least for a year.
Thanks!

iamcacao

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
It rally depends on what you're going to use it for. If you want to do gaming go with the i5, if you want to do video editing or anything similar, go with the i7. i7 has something called hyper threading, which basically means windows recognizes it with double the cores that it actually has, but games don't take advantage of that.
Oh and there is no way you will play BF3 on a 60$ GPU. Maybe you can start the game but you won't have any playable framerate that's for sure. You'll have to stick with the less graphic intense FPSs like Call of duty and counter strike.

bernas3000

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012

Ok,so im going with the i5,but i saw videos of people recording,with fraps,using a this GPU,still even if i can't play it,call of duty was my second choice :)

iamcacao

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012

Sure the game will run (at low settings and low resolution) but I really don't think it will be enjoyable, especially in multiplayer.