Monitor not detected with different gpu's and monitors

M AX X

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Ello fellas,

I have a pretty annoying problem and have no clue what to do at the moment.
I have just upgraded my system to a asus maximus iv extreme-z z68 chipset with a 2500k processor, the ram was also upgraded and an extra gtx 280 was purchased.
my computer boots just fine, i can hear the windows startup and everything, however it will simply not display a screen. every once in a while it will work on a random port on the graphics card but most of the time i get the "No signal found" message every 10 seconds or so.
I cannot even see BIOS.

I have tried the following:

different gpu's, another 280 and an old crappy thang
reseat the gpus into other slots
reseat and move the ramsticks
different dvi cable
different monitor
different pci-e power cables on the cards

last week i had a replacement 2500k shipped to me and the system worked fine for a few days, this computer worked fine before.

Please let me know what yall think, my specs are at the bottom if further info is needed.

Thanks!
MAXX

specs:
Asus Maximus IV Extreme-z Z68
4x4GB G-skill 1333MHz with cas 7
GTX 280 x2 in SLI (running off 1 card atm)
corsair hx850 pro psu
1.5TB hdd
64GB corsair SSD

Are you saying any video card does this? First thing outside of the video card to check is the power supply.

Then try a BIOS upgrade, although with the system going blank randomly that may not be too safe. If the PC locks up during the update it can brick the motherboard. Although a higher-end board may have a backup-up BIOS chip you can swap to.

Motherboard is left after all that.

M AX X

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012

Thanks for your reply, no it cannot be the gpu, and i wish i could update my bios but i cant see whats on the screen heh, any chance a cpu could cause this? seems unlikely to me.

Can't be the PSU you mean? I was saying to try a different power supply, not a GPU. I doubt the CPU would do this, and didn't you say you got a new one? If anything, could be the motherboard. Also, make sure you run the settings at stock defaults, no overclocking, etc....

M AX X

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
I have cleared the cmos so overclocking should be out of the question, as for the psu, could it be caused by the 24-pin/cpu 8 pin? i have a loose connection on the 24 pin which is kind of stuffed in there, never had an issue with it. the pci-e power cannot be the issue as i dont get a screen with a crappy old card without a pci-e power req.
I will give another psu a try, although it sounds a little odd to me, also i forgot to add in my first post that after my fresh windows install the drivers failed to install and the screen dissapeared, also recieved a BSOD
and yes my cpu was upgraded but the problem started after the upgrade, about a week afterwards

M AX X

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Hi Scout thanks for your help, unfortunately that did not solve the issue either, I've pressed the BIOS switch, cleared cmos, cleared the cpu q switch, debug light of the boot device shows up but seeing as i dont have a boot device connected/installed thats not so strange.

Running out of ideas here, wish i had an extra 1155 cpu to test my board with..

if anyone comes up with the slightest idea please let me know,

thanks guys,
m ax x

M AX X

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
theres no led goin on near the swtich, its the boot_device_led that stays on, im getting code 62, sometimes 34, which i believe does not mean anything problem-wise

M AX X

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
yeah i know, code 34 is postboot and 62 is some kinda installation, either way, ive had these codes before, while the pc was working fine. when in windows itll show AA, seems like it cannot detect my problem, RMA the board it is?