Nvidia gtx 285m Crash with new drivers

thejiggliestpuff

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
I am running 2 nvidia gtx 285m in SLI on my laptop and my problem is that whenever I update my nvidia drivers to anything but my 3/16/2010 version, my drivers would crash 24/7. I have tried clean installs, driver sweepers in safemode ect, all sorts of the new nvidia drivers, but the same thing happens where my drivers would crash. However, when i revert to my old driver, it's fine. The problem is that battlefield 3 requires the new nvidia drivers to play online, so I cannot play this game due to the crashings. I'm running windows 7 64 bit. If anyone knows a fix to this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

dgbkiller

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011

My friend had a very simular system using a EVGA GTX 285 and his system used to crash like that too. He was using Vista Premium 64 bit. He switched to the new Windows 7 RC 32 bit and now he have no problems whatsoever.
I think your problem may be in the 64 bit OS.

alexandergc

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
i am especially interested in this because i have the same problem.

upgrading to 295.73 drivers from nvidia from my previous 285.62...i get a black screen every single time the drivers finish installing.

i've tried clean install, safe mode, manually wiping the drivers and installing 295.73. nothing works. all i get is a black screen. Windows starts up fine, but no graphics data is sent to my monitor at all.

specs:

Windows 7 64bit.
Core2Duo T6500 @2.1GHz
4GB DDR2
GeForce G102M.

Tinfoyl

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Its a bad video card. I just got finished removing mine from my laptop. If you get the little yellow trinagle and it says Kernal Driver Crash thats the problem. Its a hardware failure, your video card burnt up

I had a GTX 280m 1gig

Trust me on this, i have been fighting with drivers and everything else for months, finally i found on the "Problems and reports" or what ever it is in windows and it says 150+ Video hardware failures. So...

Maby its defferent for other people but through all the research i have done this is the only explanation left