Sign in with
Your question

Power Consumption

Last response: in Systems
April 25, 2012 4:12:27 AM

Hello people of the forums.

Im seconds away from ordering my-self a new EVGA GTX 570. My question is that my PSU has 630 Watts of power. While I have researched that the new GPU requires a minimum of 550 Watts of power, I am concerned about all of my other parts, such as my CPU which is a Phenom X4 which has a power consumption of 125 Watts. So again, my question again is will I be ok with this as a PSU for all my parts.

Rest of Specs in my signature thank you! :) 

More about : power consumption

April 25, 2012 5:23:12 AM

Yes the 630 will do the job. The video car will draw about 370w when fully loaded. Your cpu about 125 again under full load. So there you are at about 500W. That leaves 130W for the rest of the system (MB/HDD/Mem./CD drive). Remember these high values are at 100% load. Looks like you are ok. Here is an easy to use PSU calculator (http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.js...). You can add things up for yourself. GL
m
l
April 25, 2012 5:49:28 AM

Can you really trust that Raidmax PSU to output its rated wattage? It's not a really reputable brand. It's not just about the watts too the amperage on the 12v rail is important as well. Honestly I would uprgrade that psu to better quality brand such as Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, XFX to name a few.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
April 25, 2012 10:26:37 AM

theoretically yes, in reallity my be different. Raidmax is not a quality PSU builder or re-brander. Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, Silverstone and few others make or rebrand good PSU's.

I would recommend a quality PSU to go along with your new GPU. you could also get a HD 7870 instead. it is very close to the speed of a 570, but uses a lot less power and is cheaper.
m
l
!