Solved

CPU Advice

I have an HP Narra3-GL8E (ASUS M2N68-LA) Motherboard and I was wondering if anyone knew what is the BEST current CPU available out there that this motherboard supports.

Thanks!
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about advice
  1. This dual core is better compared to the quad cores out there?

    Btw, i would like to note that I am looking for CPUs more related towards gaming.
  2. That CPU is the max your board supports, you could game on it paired with a matching GPU thats good enough, your board doesn't support quad cores according to HP's specs - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=de&dlc=de&docname=c00906129&lc=en
  3. The research I did myself, I found this list of Upgradable CPUs for the motherboard:

    http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-ASUS/M2N68-LA_(Narra3-GL8E).html

    Either they are completely wrong or maybe the information on the site might be wrong? Not sure :/

    But in either case, that list right there is outdated, which is why I came here.

    Your input?
  4. Well apparently it works with 95W phenom x4s but isn't recognised by the BIOS...

    You could get a AMD phenom x4 9600 and it would work, but the BIOS wouldn't regonise it...
  5. But it would still work at it's fullest capacity?
  6. Foxtai said:
    But it would still work at it's fullest capacity?


    Yes but you won't be able to change anything (tweaking, overclocking etc.)
  7. I am not too worried about tweaking and overclocking, so everything should be good. Thanks a bunch for the help :)
  8. Best answer
    Foxtai said:
    Yes but you won't be able to change anything (tweaking, overclocking etc.)


    You wouldn't be able to anyway, HP use a custom BIOS that doesn't allow overclocking or tweaking.
  9. Best answer selected by Foxtai.
  10. Foxtai said:
    I am not too worried about tweaking and overclocking, so everything should be good. Thanks a bunch for the help :)


    Your welcome.
  11. Another question.. what exactly is the 'frequency' on the CPU? Is that important?
  12. Seems questions keep popping up for me XD For the AMD Phenom X4 9600, what sort of thermal grease/gel should I use? Or what is the best to be used for it?
  13. You can use any, usually these are the best, if you are reusing the heatsink then remember to clean off the old paste-
    http://www.amazon.com/Arctic-Silver-Thermal-Compound-ArctiClean/dp/B001FVI91U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1344374497&sr=8-3&keywords=thermal+paste
  14. jay_nar2012 said:
    You can use any, usually these are the best, if you are reusing the heatsink then remember to clean off the old paste-
    http://www.amazon.com/Arctic-Silver-Thermal-Compound-ArctiClean/dp/B001FVI91U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1344374497&sr=8-3&keywords=thermal+paste



    Thanks, you've been a huge help :)
  15. Your welcome.
  16. Would my current heatsink work with the CPU, or should I get the one made specificly for this kind of CPU?
  17. It would work with the CPU, thats the only thing thats changing in that area, you can get an aftermarket if you want.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Hewlett Packard Motherboards Product