d4l3

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
CPU - AMD ATHLON II X4 640
GPU - NVIDEA GTS 450
MB - GIGABYTE 77OT-USB3

One of my components are broke. The PC will not post. It usually makes a beep when it posts but it dosnt. I have taken out the ram and it makes beeps indicating that there is no ram so i know it still works. It does the same for the GPU. The CPU still gets hot when the system is running but i dont know weather it is still broke. can a mb post without a cpu? if it cant then the CPU is broke?

(sorry for bad english)

pacioli

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
A mobo cannot post without a cpu. A mobo cannot post without RAM. It can post without a GPU... it's just you can't see anything...

You can try using a single stick of RAM in each slot to see if the RAM is the problem.

If i were guessig I'd say the GPU is not working.
Try changing the GPU for another one. I keep an old PCI GPU around for this purpose.

Sometimes a power supply will lose integrity and still supply some power to the mb but not enough to actually post...
What PSU do you have?

d4l3

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
I dont know. the mb will not post without the gpu. It just makes beeping sounds. When all components are in there is no beep.

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
Then something happened when you installed the heatsink, remember on your other thread, same thing, something happened when you where installing it.

Does your mobo have an IGP?

TRENDING THREADS