3200 and IRDA

Last response: in Brands
a b D Laptop
April 28, 2004 1:37:06 PM

Hi All,

I have a Nokia 3200 and a Dell Latitude C640 laptop running Windows XP
Pro SP1 (the laptop does not have an infrared port). Nokia PC Suite 6.0
is also installed. I bought a "Mobile Action MA-620 USB Infrared Adapter"
to hook my phone and laptop, but I haven't been able to do so.

I am totally new to connecting these two devices; please be gentle ;)

My first problem is that the phone itself is not recognized when I bring
it near the Infrared adapter. Is there any website that gives step-by-step
instructions on connecting PC/Phone via IRDA?

TIA,

Binand

More about : 3200 irda

April 28, 2004 3:28:41 PM

Dell also had (still have) a habit of turning the IR Port off by default,
meaning you need to go into BIOS and switch it on. Very easy but process
varies from machine to machine.

"Binand Sethumadhavan" <binand@cysphere.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have a Nokia 3200 and a Dell Latitude C640 laptop running Windows XP
> Pro SP1 (the laptop does not have an infrared port). Nokia PC Suite 6.0
> is also installed. I bought a "Mobile Action MA-620 USB Infrared Adapter"
> to hook my phone and laptop, but I haven't been able to do so.
>
> I am totally new to connecting these two devices; please be gentle ;)
>
> My first problem is that the phone itself is not recognized when I bring
> it near the Infrared adapter. Is there any website that gives step-by-step
> instructions on connecting PC/Phone via IRDA?
>
> TIA,
>
> Binand

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 28, 2004 10:23:56 PM

"Binand Sethumadhavan" <binand@cysphere.com> wrote in message
| Hi All,
|
| I have a Nokia 3200 and a Dell Latitude C640 laptop running Windows XP
| Pro SP1 (the laptop does not have an infrared port). Nokia PC Suite 6.0
| is also installed. I bought a "Mobile Action MA-620 USB Infrared Adapter"
| to hook my phone and laptop, but I haven't been able to do so.
|
| I am totally new to connecting these two devices; please be gentle ;)
|
| My first problem is that the phone itself is not recognized when I bring
| it near the Infrared adapter. Is there any website that gives step-by-step
| instructions on connecting PC/Phone via IRDA?
|
| TIA,
|
| Binand

You must install Nokia PC Suite first.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 28, 2004 10:23:57 PM

In article <c6o0n8$e2cbc$1@ID-157554.news.uni-berlin.de>, tuned by RÄZO wrote:
>| My first problem is that the phone itself is not recognized when I bring
>| it near the Infrared adapter. Is there any website that gives step-by-step
>| instructions on connecting PC/Phone via IRDA?
>|
>| TIA,
>|
>| Binand
>|

> You must install Nokia PC Suite first.

I did install Nokia PC Suite 6.0 first.

I guess what I want is some advice on how to make the laptop "see"
the mobile phone using the USB-IR adapter.

Binand
!