How do I remove EPSON Printer Status Agent2 service from W..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi all.

I just got a new HP Photosmart 8450 printer and found out it is working
well. I retiring the old EPSON Color Stylus 880 printer (used LPT1) that
I had since 6/2001 to someone. I uninstalled EPSON software (e.g,
monitor) and its driver, and rebooted.

I noticed Windows XP's service list still showed EPSON Printer Status
Agent2. I searched through the registry for Agent2 and was not able to
find it. How do I remove it? Trying to start the service for kicks gives
me this in event log: "The EPSON Printer Status Agent2 service failed to
start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file
specified."

Any ideas? Thank you in advance. :)
--
"Cheerios: Hula-hoops for ants." --unknown
/\___/\
| |o o| | E-mail (nuke ANT if replying privately to a newsgroup
\ _ / post): philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
( )
More about remove epson printer status agent2 service

    Ant wrote:
    > Hi all.
    >
    > I just got a new HP Photosmart 8450 printer and found out it is
    > working well. I retiring the old EPSON Color Stylus 880 printer (used
    > LPT1) that I had since 6/2001 to someone. I uninstalled EPSON
    > software (e.g, monitor) and its driver, and rebooted.
    >
    > I noticed Windows XP's service list still showed EPSON Printer Status
    > Agent2. I searched through the registry for Agent2 and was not able to
    > find it. How do I remove it? Trying to start the service for kicks
    > gives me this in event log: "The EPSON Printer Status Agent2 service
    > failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find
    > the file specified."
    >
    > Any ideas? Thank you in advance. :)

    Did you reboot after the uninstall?
    --
    Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
    xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

    This may help
    How to clean up printer drivers

    HP has support documents as well, this one is not for XP, but it may give some
    enlightenment.
    http://tinyurl.com/6we5d

    Did you try to turn it off in the services section of Administrative Tools?
    The exe is in a folder similar to this,
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe

    --
    Mary Sauer MS MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/

    On 11/22/2004 2:57 AM PT, Mary Sauer wrote:

    > This may help
    > How to clean up printer drivers
    > http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm

    Looks fine to me. I think the uninstallation worked, but did not clean
    up fully.

    > HP has support documents as well, this one is not for XP, but it may give some
    > enlightenment.
    > http://tinyurl.com/6we5d

    My HP printer is fine. I am only concerned for EPSON service.

    > Did you try to turn it off in the services section of Administrative Tools?
    > The exe is in a folder similar to this,
    > C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe

    EPSON Printer Status Agent2 has blank status and startup type. I assume
    it is off since I cannot start it.
    --
    "Remember when walking down the road of life, always stop and squish the
    ants." --Albian in Creatures game
    / /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx & http://aqfl.net
    | |o o| | E-mail (nuke ANT if replying privately to a newsgroup
    \ _ / post): philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
    ( )

    You can delete it from the registry service subkey;
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    On 11/22/2004 4:14 AM PT, Michael Stevens wrote:

    >>I just got a new HP Photosmart 8450 printer and found out it is
    >>working well. I retiring the old EPSON Color Stylus 880 printer (used
    >>LPT1) that I had since 6/2001 to someone. I uninstalled EPSON
    >>software (e.g, monitor) and its driver, and rebooted.
    >>
    >>I noticed Windows XP's service list still showed EPSON Printer Status
    >>Agent2. I searched through the registry for Agent2 and was not able to
    >>find it. How do I remove it? Trying to start the service for kicks
    >>gives me this in event log: "The EPSON Printer Status Agent2 service
    >>failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find
    >>the file specified."
    >>
    >>Any ideas? Thank you in advance. :)
    >

    > Did you reboot after the uninstall?

    Yes even though it didn't tell me. :(
    --
    "The eyeless ant asked God, 'Give me eye-lashes.'" --Georgian Proverb
    /\___/\

    Ant wrote:
    > Hi all.
    >
    > I just got a new HP Photosmart 8450 printer and found out it is working
    > well. I retiring the old EPSON Color Stylus 880 printer (used LPT1) that
    > I had since 6/2001 to someone. I uninstalled EPSON software (e.g,
    > monitor) and its driver, and rebooted.
    >
    > I noticed Windows XP's service list still showed EPSON Printer Status
    > Agent2. I searched through the registry for Agent2 and was not able to
    > find it. How do I remove it? Trying to start the service for kicks gives
    > me this in event log: "The EPSON Printer Status Agent2 service failed to
    > start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file
    > specified."
    >
    > Any ideas? Thank you in advance. :)

    I can't say how to remove it, but why not disable it if you can't remove it?

    posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
    of this message.

    On 11/22/2004 6:32 AM PT, null wrote:

    > Ant wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all.
    >>
    >> I just got a new HP Photosmart 8450 printer and found out it is
    >> working well. I retiring the old EPSON Color Stylus 880 printer (used
    >> LPT1) that I had since 6/2001 to someone. I uninstalled EPSON software
    >> (e.g, monitor) and its driver, and rebooted.
    >>
    >> I noticed Windows XP's service list still showed EPSON Printer Status
    >> Agent2. I searched through the registry for Agent2 and was not able to
    >> find it. How do I remove it? Trying to start the service for kicks
    >> gives me this in event log: "The EPSON Printer Status Agent2 service
    >> failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the
    >> file specified."
    >>
    >> Any ideas? Thank you in advance. :)
    >
    > I can't say how to remove it, but why not disable it if you can't remove
    > it?

    It doesn't show any status. I think it is already disabled since I can't
    even enable it (missing file). Heh.
    --
    "The ants and termites have renounced the Hobbesian war." --Petr Kropotkin
    /\___/\
    / /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx & http://aqfl.net
    | |o o| | E-mail (nuke ANT if replying privately to a newsgroup
    \ _ / post): philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
    ( )

    Right click on my computer, select manage. then go toServices and
    Applications then click on services. It should be listed in there. Once u
    found it right click on it and set it to disable.
    Mike D
    "Ant" <philpi@earthlink.netANT> wrote in message
    > Hi all.
    >
    > I just got a new HP Photosmart 8450 printer and found out it is working
    > well. I retiring the old EPSON Color Stylus 880 printer (used LPT1) that I
    > had since 6/2001 to someone. I uninstalled EPSON software (e.g, monitor)
    > and its driver, and rebooted.
    >
    > I noticed Windows XP's service list still showed EPSON Printer Status
    > Agent2. I searched through the registry for Agent2 and was not able to
    > find it. How do I remove it? Trying to start the service for kicks gives
    > me this in event log: "The EPSON Printer Status Agent2 service failed to
    > start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file
    > specified."
    >
    > Any ideas? Thank you in advance. :)
    > --
    > "Cheerios: Hula-hoops for ants." --unknown
    > /\___/\
    > / /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx & http://aqfl.net
    > | |o o| | E-mail (nuke ANT if replying privately to a newsgroup
    > \ _ / post): philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
    > ( )
    > Ant is currently not listening to any songs on his home computer.

    It doesn't even have a status. It's blank. Since I can't enable it, I
    assume it is already in disabled mode. I just want to remove it from
    Services list.

    --
    Phillip Pi
    Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
    Norton SystemWorks (PC)
    Symantec Corporation
    www.symantec.com
    Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e-mail)
    Please do NOT e-mail me for technical support. DISCLAIMER: The views
    expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the
    views of my employer. This message (including any attachments) is
    intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
    addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
    privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable
    law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the
    intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
    If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately
    by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete
    this message immediately if this is an electronic communication. Thank you.
  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    On 11/22/2004 1:58 AM PT, Ant wrote:

    > I just got a new HP Photosmart 8450 printer and found out it is working
    > well. I retiring the old EPSON Color Stylus 880 printer (used LPT1) that
    > I had since 6/2001 to someone. I uninstalled EPSON software (e.g,
    > monitor) and its driver, and rebooted.
    >
    > I noticed Windows XP's service list still showed EPSON Printer Status
    > Agent2. I searched through the registry for Agent2 and was not able to
    > find it. How do I remove it? Trying to start the service for kicks gives
    > me this in event log: "The EPSON Printer Status Agent2 service failed to
    > start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file
    > specified."
    >
    > Any ideas? Thank you in advance. :)

    Odd, it looks like it vanished after I turned off the machine when I to
    work and came home. Maybe when I deleted EPSON references in registry, I
    needed to reboot. And yes, I did reboot after uninstallation of EPSON
    softwares and drivers.
    --
    "It is not enough to be busy, so are the ants. The question is: what are
    we busy about?" --Henry David Thoreau
    / /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx & http://aqfl.net
    | |o o| | E-mail (nuke ANT if replying privately to a newsgroup
    \ _ / post): philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
    ( )
    Ant is/was listening to a song on his home computer: Haddaway - What Is
    Love Reloaded

Configuration Epson Microsoft Printers Windows XP