How do I remove EPSON Printer Status Agent2 service from W..

Ant

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi all.

I just got a new HP Photosmart 8450 printer and found out it is working
well. I retiring the old EPSON Color Stylus 880 printer (used LPT1) that
I had since 6/2001 to someone. I uninstalled EPSON software (e.g,
monitor) and its driver, and rebooted.

I noticed Windows XP's service list still showed EPSON Printer Status
Agent2. I searched through the registry for Agent2 and was not able to
find it. How do I remove it? Trying to start the service for kicks gives
me this in event log: "The EPSON Printer Status Agent2 service failed to
start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file
specified."

Any ideas? Thank you in advance. :)
--
"Cheerios: Hula-hoops for ants." --unknown
/\___/\
| |o o| | E-mail (nuke ANT if replying privately to a newsgroup
\ _ / post): philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
( )

Ant wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I just got a new HP Photosmart 8450 printer and found out it is
> working well. I retiring the old EPSON Color Stylus 880 printer (used
> LPT1) that I had since 6/2001 to someone. I uninstalled EPSON
> software (e.g, monitor) and its driver, and rebooted.
>
> I noticed Windows XP's service list still showed EPSON Printer Status
> Agent2. I searched through the registry for Agent2 and was not able to
> find it. How do I remove it? Trying to start the service for kicks
> gives me this in event log: "The EPSON Printer Status Agent2 service
> failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find
> the file specified."
>
> Any ideas? Thank you in advance. :)

Did you reboot after the uninstall?
--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

This may help
How to clean up printer drivers

HP has support documents as well, this one is not for XP, but it may give some
enlightenment.
http://tinyurl.com/6we5d

Did you try to turn it off in the services section of Administrative Tools?
The exe is in a folder similar to this,
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Ant" <philpi@earthlink.netANT> wrote in message
> Hi all.
>
> I just got a new HP Photosmart 8450 printer and found out it is working well. I
> retiring the old EPSON Color Stylus 880 printer (used LPT1) that I had since 6/2001
> to someone. I uninstalled EPSON software (e.g, monitor) and its driver, and
> rebooted.
>
> I noticed Windows XP's service list still showed EPSON Printer Status Agent2. I
> searched through the registry for Agent2 and was not able to find it. How do I
> remove it? Trying to start the service for kicks gives me this in event log: "The
> EPSON Printer Status Agent2 service failed to start due to the following error: The
> system cannot find the file specified."
>
> Any ideas? Thank you in advance. :)
> --
> "Cheerios: Hula-hoops for ants." --unknown
> /\___/\
> / /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx & http://aqfl.net
> | |o o| | E-mail (nuke ANT if replying privately to a newsgroup
> \ _ / post): philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
> ( )
> Ant is currently not listening to any songs on his home computer.

Ant

On 11/22/2004 2:57 AM PT, Mary Sauer wrote:

> This may help
> How to clean up printer drivers
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm

Looks fine to me. I think the uninstallation worked, but did not clean
up fully.

> HP has support documents as well, this one is not for XP, but it may give some
> enlightenment.
> http://tinyurl.com/6we5d

My HP printer is fine. I am only concerned for EPSON service.

> Did you try to turn it off in the services section of Administrative Tools?
> The exe is in a folder similar to this,
> C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe

EPSON Printer Status Agent2 has blank status and startup type. I assume
it is off since I cannot start it.
--
"Remember when walking down the road of life, always stop and squish the
ants." --Albian in Creatures game
/ /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx & http://aqfl.net
| |o o| | E-mail (nuke ANT if replying privately to a newsgroup
\ _ / post): philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
( )

You can delete it from the registry service subkey;
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

On 11/22/2004 4:14 AM PT, Michael Stevens wrote:

>>I just got a new HP Photosmart 8450 printer and found out it is
>>working well. I retiring the old EPSON Color Stylus 880 printer (used
>>LPT1) that I had since 6/2001 to someone. I uninstalled EPSON
>>software (e.g, monitor) and its driver, and rebooted.
>>
>>I noticed Windows XP's service list still showed EPSON Printer Status
>>Agent2. I searched through the registry for Agent2 and was not able to
>>find it. How do I remove it? Trying to start the service for kicks
>>gives me this in event log: "The EPSON Printer Status Agent2 service
>>failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find
>>the file specified."
>>
>>Any ideas? Thank you in advance. :)
>

> Did you reboot after the uninstall?

Yes even though it didn't tell me. :(
--
"The eyeless ant asked God, 'Give me eye-lashes.'" --Georgian Proverb
/\___/\
/ /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx & http://aqfl.net
| |o o| | E-mail (nuke ANT if replying privately to a newsgroup
\ _ / post): philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
( )

null

Ant wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I just got a new HP Photosmart 8450 printer and found out it is working
> well. I retiring the old EPSON Color Stylus 880 printer (used LPT1) that
> I had since 6/2001 to someone. I uninstalled EPSON software (e.g,
> monitor) and its driver, and rebooted.
>
> I noticed Windows XP's service list still showed EPSON Printer Status
> Agent2. I searched through the registry for Agent2 and was not able to
> find it. How do I remove it? Trying to start the service for kicks gives
> me this in event log: "The EPSON Printer Status Agent2 service failed to
> start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file
> specified."
>
> Any ideas? Thank you in advance. :)

I can't say how to remove it, but why not disable it if you can't remove it?

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.

Ant

On 11/22/2004 6:32 AM PT, null wrote:

> Ant wrote:
>
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I just got a new HP Photosmart 8450 printer and found out it is
>> working well. I retiring the old EPSON Color Stylus 880 printer (used
>> LPT1) that I had since 6/2001 to someone. I uninstalled EPSON software
>> (e.g, monitor) and its driver, and rebooted.
>>
>> I noticed Windows XP's service list still showed EPSON Printer Status
>> Agent2. I searched through the registry for Agent2 and was not able to
>> find it. How do I remove it? Trying to start the service for kicks
>> gives me this in event log: "The EPSON Printer Status Agent2 service
>> failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the
>> file specified."
>>
>> Any ideas? Thank you in advance. :)
>
> I can't say how to remove it, but why not disable it if you can't remove
> it?

It doesn't show any status. I think it is already disabled since I can't
even enable it (missing file). Heh.
--
"The ants and termites have renounced the Hobbesian war." --Petr Kropotkin
/\___/\
/ /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx & http://aqfl.net
| |o o| | E-mail (nuke ANT if replying privately to a newsgroup
\ _ / post): philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
( )

miked

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004

Right click on my computer, select manage. then go toServices and
Applications then click on services. It should be listed in there. Once u
found it right click on it and set it to disable.
Mike D
"Ant" <philpi@earthlink.netANT> wrote in message
> Hi all.
>
> I just got a new HP Photosmart 8450 printer and found out it is working
> well. I retiring the old EPSON Color Stylus 880 printer (used LPT1) that I
> had since 6/2001 to someone. I uninstalled EPSON software (e.g, monitor)
> and its driver, and rebooted.
>
> I noticed Windows XP's service list still showed EPSON Printer Status
> Agent2. I searched through the registry for Agent2 and was not able to
> find it. How do I remove it? Trying to start the service for kicks gives
> me this in event log: "The EPSON Printer Status Agent2 service failed to
> start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file
> specified."
>
> Any ideas? Thank you in advance. :)
> --
> "Cheerios: Hula-hoops for ants." --unknown
> /\___/\
> / /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx & http://aqfl.net
> | |o o| | E-mail (nuke ANT if replying privately to a newsgroup
> \ _ / post): philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
> ( )
> Ant is currently not listening to any songs on his home computer.

It doesn't even have a status. It's blank. Since I can't enable it, I
assume it is already in disabled mode. I just want to remove it from
Services list.

--
Phillip Pi
Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Norton SystemWorks (PC)
Symantec Corporation
www.symantec.com
Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e-mail)
Please do NOT e-mail me for technical support. DISCLAIMER: The views
expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the
views of my employer. This message (including any attachments) is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately
by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete
this message immediately if this is an electronic communication. Thank you.

On 11/22/2004 1:58 AM PT, Ant wrote:

> I just got a new HP Photosmart 8450 printer and found out it is working
> well. I retiring the old EPSON Color Stylus 880 printer (used LPT1) that
> I had since 6/2001 to someone. I uninstalled EPSON software (e.g,
> monitor) and its driver, and rebooted.
>
> I noticed Windows XP's service list still showed EPSON Printer Status
> Agent2. I searched through the registry for Agent2 and was not able to
> find it. How do I remove it? Trying to start the service for kicks gives
> me this in event log: "The EPSON Printer Status Agent2 service failed to
> start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file
> specified."
>
> Any ideas? Thank you in advance. :)

Odd, it looks like it vanished after I turned off the machine when I to
work and came home. Maybe when I deleted EPSON references in registry, I
needed to reboot. And yes, I did reboot after uninstallation of EPSON
softwares and drivers.
--
"It is not enough to be busy, so are the ants. The question is: what are
we busy about?" --Henry David Thoreau
/ /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx & http://aqfl.net
| |o o| | E-mail (nuke ANT if replying privately to a newsgroup
\ _ / post): philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
( )
Ant is/was listening to a song on his home computer: Haddaway - What Is
Love Reloaded