Sign in with
Your question

My pc slows down

Last response: in Systems
April 25, 2012 11:58:56 AM

Hi everybody, i got a problem when i insert a cd or dvd in my SONY DVDRW it slows down my pc. here is my pc specs,
core 2 quad 2.4ghz
intel dg33fb
2gb ram ddr2
Nvidia 8600gt 512mb

PLZ help

More about : slows

a b B Homebuilt system
April 25, 2012 12:39:38 PM

What CD or DVD? Is it a game? Also, I have to say that that will happen if the computer can't really handle a lot of things at once (due to the RAM). Try running a virus scan, although that's probably not the problem. The computer is loading the contents of the DVD or CD when you put it in. Try closing some unnecessary programs.
m
l
April 26, 2012 12:00:44 PM

ddan49 said:
What CD or DVD? Is it a game? Also, I have to say that that will happen if the computer can't really handle a lot of things at once (due to the RAM). Try running a virus scan, although that's probably not the problem. The computer is loading the contents of the DVD or CD when you put it in. Try closing some unnecessary programs.

any cd/dvd. i have ESET smart security and their are no attacks on my system
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
April 26, 2012 12:13:05 PM

Try closing unnecessary programs... I think it's the RAM. However, make sure that your virus scanner not only locates malware, but adware, and really any form of invasion. Viruses aren't the only things that slow down your system. Spyware can, as well.

But I think it's the RAM. Do you ever have a lot of programs open? Try going to task manager and see how much RAM you're using. If it's 100% (or close), close some stuff.
m
l
May 3, 2012 6:47:06 PM

Any suggestions for Spyware and Malware. i use ESET Smart security 4.0.314
m
l
!