bill

I've been trying to find a way to automatically launch
my dial-up connection as part of the boot process.

I don't want it to be a by-product of starting IE or OE.
Rather, have the connections shortcut executed like any
other application in Startup.

I tried:
1) Putting the dial-up shortcut in Startup

2) [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"dial"="C:\\Dial.bat" (Where Dial.bat contained a DOS
Start command)

3) Same as 2 above except inserting the dial-up shortcut
name.

4) Putting the dial-up shortcut as a Scheduled Task to
be executed "At System Startup".

When I examine the properties of the shortcut, I find the
"Target Location" as "Network Connections" and a string
that resembles a registry value as the "Target Type".

Any suggestions or education about launching "Network
Connections"?

Thanks,
Bill

Mike

Splendid

Bill wrote:
> I've been trying to find a way to automatically launch
> my dial-up connection as part of the boot process.
>
> I don't want it to be a by-product of starting IE or OE.
> Rather, have the connections shortcut executed like any
> other application in Startup.
>
> I tried:
> 1) Putting the dial-up shortcut in Startup
>
> 2) [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
> "dial"="C:\\Dial.bat" (Where Dial.bat contained a DOS
> Start command)
>
> 3) Same as 2 above except inserting the dial-up shortcut
> name.
>
> 4) Putting the dial-up shortcut as a Scheduled Task to
> be executed "At System Startup".
>
> When I examine the properties of the shortcut, I find the
> "Target Location" as "Network Connections" and a string
> that resembles a registry value as the "Target Type".
>
> Any suggestions or education about launching "Network
> Connections"?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

Try http://www.neurobridge.com/dialer.htm

I have it set to start my internet connection when I logon. Helps
maintain your connection by pinging you isp at a set interval. Used it
for about a year now and am very happy with it. Best of all its free, no
spyware.

Automatically connect to the internet at startup:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rasdial.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User