Sign in with
Your question

Probably a stupid question - how do I enable voice recognition?

Last response: in Windows 7
a b $ Windows 7
January 17, 2012 4:06:41 PM

I got a language-learning program for Christmas and it has voice recognition software on it, but how do I enable this in Windows? I'm pretty sure that all you need is a USB microphone and that's it - is there anything else I need?
a b $ Windows 7
January 17, 2012 4:23:42 PM

Hi :) 

Auto play the disc, it should set it all up...and tell you if you need anything more...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
a c 243 $ Windows 7
January 17, 2012 4:24:12 PM

You install the app and connect a mic. Part of the initial config of the program will be the program "learning" how you speak. Just set up something similar for my wife. Pretty straight-forward. Have fun!
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 17, 2012 4:26:22 PM

COLGeek said:
You install the app and connect a mic. Part of the initial config of the program will be the program "learning" how you speak. Just set up something similar for my wife. Pretty straight-forward. Have fun!

OK that's what I thought. Can you use any microphone or do you need a USB one? The laptop I'm going to be using it on I think has a connector for a mic but I think I might want to go USB just to be on the safe side.
m
l
a c 243 $ Windows 7
January 17, 2012 4:28:39 PM

Pretty much any mic that Windows will recognize will work (wired or wireless). Be sure to set the default input device in Control Panel/Sound. Also, while you are teaching the app to understand how you speak, use a wired mic. You can change to wireless later. Understand?
m
l
!