Building a PC next month

AsLis

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Hey guys,

I was told you guys know your stuff when it comes to building PC's and I was just wondering if you guys can help me.

ATM I'm running onboard graphics with 2GB ram and only 300gb of HDD space, I've had this PC for 4 years and I think it's time for a damn upgrade :p

My monitors native is 1650x1080 and that is something to consider with my build, so here's the deal:
- I want to stream my games occassionally to friends and the like so a GPU that can do this comfortably (and not be just an overkill) would be a consideration.
- I just love music so maybe a decent soundcard wouldn't go amiss also.
- I play DoTA 2, League of Legends (I intend to transition that into Diablo 3 and CS: GO also) but there are other games I'd also love to casually play such as GTA5 and Bioshock infinite) so some future proofing and the ability to max these out (or somewhat maxed) would be ideal.
- I do want an SSD + a HDD combo so some pointers on reliable sold brands would be appreciated (128GB SSD as the prices of those are quite extraordinary).
- A suitable case appreciated, I am not too fussy on the aesthetics just something that can fit everything recommended will suffice.
- I am quite ignorant on the finer things (cables, fans, I was told of some cooling gel?) so information on that would be appreciated

My budget is: £750-800 but I wouldn't mind maybe increasing that 100-200 (but I would rather not)

TL:DR

Stuff not needed:
- Monitor
- Keyboard/Mouse/Speakers
- OS

Stuff needed:
- PSU/GPU/CPU
- Case
- HDD/SSD (128GB)
- Cables/Mounts?
- RAM
- Fans?
- Everything else basically

preferred outlet: Amazon UK (as I have a prime membership)
I will be looking into OC also

I don't plan on upgrading the PC further (dont need a large case that is future proof) plan on starting all over again in 2-3 years anyhow.
I will be purchasing the parts in 2 weeks
Thanks in advance guys

You won't need any extra cables, unless the monitor you have has a displayport and you want to make use of it. If you get a case with atleast 2 120mm fans - one in the front and one in the back - you won't need extra fans.

AsLis

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Hey,

I have gone about a build that i think would suit me best so far and have came up with the following:

from Ebuyer:
Crucial 64GB M4 SSD - 2.5" SATA-III - Read 500MB/s Write 95MB/s with 3.5" Bracket
Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache - OEM
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 1.5V Non-ECC Unbuffered
Samsung SH-222BB 22x DVD±RW DL & RAM SATA Optical Drive - OEM Black

from Amazon:
ASUS Xonar DG PCI 5.1 Audio Card
Asus P8Z68-V LX Motherboard (Socket 1155, DDR3, 2 x PCI Express 2.0 x16, ATX, LucidLogix Virtu)
Intel Sandybridge i5-2500K Unlocked Core i5 Quad-Core Processor (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache, Socket 1155
Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK Builder Series 600W Power Supply
Asus 1GB Radeon HD 6850 DirectCU PCI-E 2

Any recommended adustments and advice on which case (sub £50 preferred) would be appreciated.