CoolerMaster HAF 912 vs Antec 302 and PSUs

Platinum_Gamer

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2012
Hello Community! I am here to ask you guys to compare some of my choices for my upcoming build. Full thread of that can be found here

One member has suggested to get the Antec 302 instead of the HAF 912.

and get the Silverstone Strider 750W instead of Corsair TX 750W

Can someone here help me decide or suggest a different one with a reason please :) Also, can you find the suggestion here please: http://pccasegear.com/ or http://www.mwave.com.au/ because those are the two sites I am interested in.

ncasolo

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
The build you've posted looks almost identical to what I've settled on. CPU/CPU Cooler/Motherboard/Case all the same.

I'm looking at a SeaSonic 620W power supply since they seem to have the best reputation. Though I will check out the pricing on the TX650 you've selected and see where that comes in. For the video card I've selected AMD instead of NVidia, but AMD is going to serve my purposes better.

My question is has anyone mentioned potential RAM clearance issues to you and suggested low profile RAM? I've had someone suggest a potential concern with the 212 EVO and the size of the RAM. If anyone else has this motherboard/cooler combo and knows that you don't have to have low profile RAM that would be great.

I'm looking 2x4GB for 8GB total RAM.

Also based on what you've listed I'm guessing your PC should come in right around $1000 if you are diligent with your shopping.

the pc power and cooling mk3 600w is just as good as the seasonic m12ii 620w

most ram clears the 212 evo. corsair vengeance doesnt

Platinum_Gamer

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2012

No, I have not received any replies about the size of my RAM, TheBigTroll suggested me the G.Skill Ripjawz X and I think he has a pretty good knowledge about them.

Currently, I am spending $1450 AUD without Windows for my Rig, how did you calculate $1000 :O

Platinum_Gamer

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2012

Yeah, idk whether I want the HD7970, I like the Nvidia side because it allows me to enable FXAA for all games in the Nvidia Control Panel. I dont know if the AMD side has this aswell so thats why I am sticking with the GTX670.

Your suggestion about the CM 690 II looks very nice, I might switch my HAF for that! However I do like the BEEFY look of the HAF912 if you know what I mean.

I sold my HAF 912 to my friend and upgraded to a CM 690 II Advanced.

CM 690 II Advanced
Pros:
Cable Management
Removable HDD cages
Great for watercooling
Top Hot swap bay
Cons:
Inside is a bit small
Unable to do push+pull with 240mm radiators

HAF 912
Pros:
Great airflow
Good cable management
Removeable HDD cage

Cons:
Only 1 120mm fan is included in the front
Has a "cheap" feeling to it

And here's a picture of my CM 690 II Advanced:
img3100v.jpg

And..Here's a picture of the HAF 912 that I sold my friend :p
56227329143364427000982.jpg

Platinum_Gamer

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2012
I don't know :(

Back when you said that it comes with the top 140mm outtake and a rear 120mm outtake fan. Do you mean it comes with the case or something?

I have never bought a gaming case before and I don't know what to expect in terms of the number of fans I get in the package.

Platinum_Gamer

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2012
I remember during summer, I come back home and turn on my computer, it would ALWAYS zap me. I'm afraid that this case will get so much static electricity during summer here. (I'm in NSW Australia btw and it gets to 30-40) during summers.