Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
April 25, 2012 10:02:26 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: now to 2 wks maybe
Budget Range: 800 to 1k low as possible for a good build
System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming [diablo 3 bf3 gw2 maybe movies photoshop
Parts Not Required: OS, keyboard, mouse, speakers
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg
Parts Preferences: idc good quality.
Overclocking: Yes
SLI or Crossfire: Maybe in the future. not atm
Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080
Additional Comments: I have already bought some parts and i know the kb and mouse im going to buy.
I dont care to have an SSD I would rather hold off on it and save money.

Already Purchased..
Case: LIAN LI Lancool First Knight Series PC-K9B Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $79
Processor: Intel Core i5-2550K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 $214

Considering..
Mobo ASRock Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 Bundled with CM Hyper 212 Plus for $139
Im really not to sure about ASRock? Ive usually used ASUS but i heard ASRock is owned by asus so are they good mobos?
GFX Card SAPPHIRE 11200-00-20G Radeon HD 7850 2GB $249.99
Maybe when it comes back in stock? idk not stuck on this gfx card. but if ATI i prefer sapphire if nvidia I prefer EVGA [/b][/b]
Ram Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) $49.99

Idk what monitor, psu, or hard drive to go with. I have a samsung spinpoint f3 1tb i think in my other computer and works well so i could perhaps buy another one of those.
I dont really care for a SSD I would rather hold off on that and save money

More about : advice gaming build 800

April 26, 2012 5:36:48 PM

Why_Me said:
Asus doesn't own Asrock and they are not affiliated with each other in any shape for form. With that said, Asrock does make good boards, but that board you have chosen is meant for a single card set up. If you want a board that can run dual vid cards then look at this board down below.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

ok thank you ill look into some combos with that mobo.
Im not to sure about that monitor though, The size is ok but there are some reviews about a poor viewing angle
and i cannot stand that on monitors
m
l
Related resources
April 27, 2012 4:47:12 PM

can anyone help give me some input on a powersupply and whether i should go with 7850 or suck it up and go with 7870 for an extra 100
m
l
!