darkreign89

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
hello. i recently made a post about a new build. this is my first computer that i have built.

i have a I5-2500k
MSI radeon 6950 PE/OC

even at low settings it was only getting about 10-15 FPS in Star Wars TOR.
i fear i may have messed something up. im on it currently, got my drivers installed everything else works great.
my GPU has 2 PCI-E slots and i was told to plug both in but when i do i do not get a display. with one plugged in it works but again.. very low FPS in games. could anyone please point me in a direction i should take? if you need anymore info let me know TYIA

D

Deleted member 217926

You mean it has 2 PCI-E power connections not slots. Those are not optional. Both must be plugged in for your card to work correctly. Sounds like your power supply is not up to the task. What power supply do you have?

D

Deleted member 217926

If it was trying to pull too much power and the power supply could not keep up or a defective card. Assuming the power supply is not broken it should be plenty to supply even 2 of those cards. Did the card ever work?

D

Deleted member 217926

Try reseating the card. Also try different power cables from the power supply to the card. Do you have the latest drivers from the AMD website?