Final thoughts?

I've been spending a lot of time and searching the best things for ME. But I am wondering if you guy's think this is all compatible? And will it also be an overall good computer for HD editing and Gaming? Thank you :D

Case:Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ dual 200mm fans
CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-2700K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (WILL BE REPLACED BY IVY BRIDGE)
HDD:1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
90 GB Kingston HyperX 3K SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 555MB/s Read & 510MB/s Write
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)
MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, XFast Technologies, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, Display Port, 3x PCIe x16 (2 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 1x PCIe x1 & 2 PCI
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (EVGA Superclocked)
PSU: 750 Watts - Corsair Professional Series CMPSU-AX750 Gold 80 Plus Power Supply
CASE FAN: Maximum Enermax 120MM Case Cooling Fans
COOLING FAN: CoolerMaster V6 GT CPU Cooler (Nickle Plated Double-V Heatpipe w/ Color Changing LED Cap)
8 answers Last reply
More about final thoughts
  1. why buy a 2700k if you already plan to go ivy bridge? they will be available very soon.

also, im not a big fan of the v6gt cooler. you can get better for the price.

a good build though for sure.
  2. For the SSD, go for a 128gb Crucial M4.

I don't like that CPU fan, get this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

With the Vengeance RAM, you will need to move the fan upwards on the 212 EVO to fit them.
  3. welshmousepk said:
    why buy a 2700k if you already plan to go ivy bridge? they will be available very soon.

also, im not a big fan of the v6gt cooler. you can get better for the price.

a good build though for sure.

What I meant by that is that I am just going to wait the few days and get IB :P. lol

What's a better fan?
  4. gary1 said:
    For the SSD, go for a 128gb Crucial M4.

I don't like that CPU fan, get this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

With the Vengeance RAM, you will need to move the fan upwards on the 212 EVO to fit them.

Hm do you think the EVO can handle overclocked IB?
  5. Not sure, early reports indicate high temperatures. I would recommend the Noctua NH-D14, but I don't know if you would want to go that high for a cooler.
  6. gary1 said:
    Not sure, early reports indicate high temperatures. I would recommend the Noctua NH-D14, but I don't know if you would want to go that high for a cooler.

Do you recommend air coolers or water coolers?
  7. There's proponents for both sides. I personally like air coolers more than the closed loop coolers like H80/100. You get same temps with a high end air cooler that you do with water, no danger of leakage either.
  8. gary1 said:
    There's proponents for both sides. I personally like air coolers more than the closed loop coolers like H80/100. You get same temps with a high end air cooler that you do with water, no danger of leakage either.

Thanks bro. :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Systems Product