opening web pages in new window

suprcharg

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006
I recently got a 19" LCD upgraded from my 17" CRT. It bugs me when I click on a link and the link opens a new window that the window is small. I can't figure out how to make the new window take up the full size of the display. There's gotta be a switch to open new pages in full screen, but I can't find it. Please help!!
Thanks,
James

btw I'm using XP Pro and Ie. 6

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
A lot of popup adverts manage to open in full screen, hell some even manage to be more than full screen and cover you task bar as well :lol:

But anyway a solution to this problem would be to use a browser that uses tabbed browsing. Basically it’s exactly what you want but instead of using the task bar for windows it uses the browser bar instead.

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I got both, IE7 is a faster browser and does run faster on slower systems. But Firefox is more stable and a lot better on the security side.

Berzemus

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Simply because of tabbed browsing..

Switch your browser (i.e. firefox or ie7) to fullscreen, and opent each site in a new tab. You'll either have to ctrl+click or set your preferences in the appropriate menu. In the same time you won't overload your task bar with tens of pages.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
... my windows automatically remembers whether my last page was full or not, and would open all subsequent windows like that... shrug
He's not talking about Windows pages/folders, etc...but when clicking on a link on a webpage.

Berzemus

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
there's a setting who enables winxp to remember the display settings of each particular directory.. as ie is 'intimately' incorporated in explorer, that might be a solution..

TRENDING THREADS