Strange happenings... cannot delete when program WAS using..

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I've been experiencing this for quite some time, but it definitely did
not always happen:

If I am using some applications (I have not narrowed it down to
specifics but I am trying to make note of which ones so I can see if
there is any commonality - for now, Adobe Photoshop is the major
culprit) - let us say I have a file open. I close it. Then I try to
delete it or it's containing folder. I get a Windows error telling me
the file is either read only or in use or I don't have rights... blah
blah etc. If I close Photoshop, then I can delete the file.
Again, this does NOT ALWAYS happen, nor does it only happen with
Photoshop, that's just the only one that comes to mind right now.

The files are usually on my server, but IT HAS happened with local C:
files as well. Seems to just be random.

Any thoughts? Windows XP bug?

Using Pentium 4 3.0 GHz with HT
1 GB RAM
Windows XP Pro NOT SP2

---Atreju---

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Anyone know what this person is babbling about? Or is it just a troll?

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 1:27:16 GMT, Lady Chatterly
<someone@catcher.in.the.rye> wrote:

>In article <ev35q0hm3ubg3is564hvdq0k6jk3c4dd09@4ax.com> Atreju <someone@who.hates.junkmail> wrote:
>>
>>I've been experiencing this for quite some time, but it definitely did
>>not always happen:
>>
>>If I am using some applications (I have not narrowed it down to
>>specifics but I am trying to make note of which ones so I can see if
>>there is any commonality - for now, Adobe Photoshop is the major
>>culprit) - let us say I have a file open. I close it. Then I try to
>>delete it or it's containing folder. I get a Windows error telling me
>>the file is either read only or in use or I don't have rights... blah
>>blah etc. If I close Photoshop, then I can delete the file.
>>Again, this does NOT ALWAYS happen, nor does it only happen with
>>Photoshop, that's just the only one that comes to mind right now.
>
>Why are you anxious you do not have rights?
>
>>The files are usually on my server, but IT HAS happened with local C:
>>files as well. Seems to just be random.
>
>lol
>
>>Any thoughts? Windows XP bug?
>
>When they needed a system to "debug" various legacy computer programs
>in 2036, John Titor traveled to 1975. UNIX has a problem in 2038.
>
>>Using Pentium 4 3.0 GHz with HT
>>1 GB RAM
>>Windows XP Pro NOT SP2
>
>We still have cameras, but more digital. And film is used like
>painting is in your time. Hologram camera have not been developed
>yet.

---Atreju---

Atreju wrote:

> I've been experiencing this for quite some time, but it definitely did
> not always happen:
>
> If I am using some applications (I have not narrowed it down to
> specifics but I am trying to make note of which ones so I can see if
> there is any commonality - for now, Adobe Photoshop is the major
> culprit) - let us say I have a file open. I close it. Then I try to
> delete it or it's containing folder. I get a Windows error telling me
> the file is either read only or in use or I don't have rights... blah
> blah etc. If I close Photoshop, then I can delete the file.

Must be a "feature" of your photoshop, to keep the file once used "cached"
in background for a faster reopen.

Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.9-mm1[LinuxCounter#295241]