Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

CPU temp?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
August 8, 2012 6:16:57 PM

Hi, I have a AMD fx 6200 Black edition CPU and so does my friend.

We both have the same Mobo and CPU cooler Alpine 64v (off the top of my head)


However when I look at the temp of the CPU mine is 45C and when playing a game (Sims 3 lol) it shoots up to 66C his is 35-39C with nothing running and around 49-55C with a game running.. I'm wondering if this is a problem the temp? and any idea how to lower the temp if so.


Thanks

More about : cpu temp

August 8, 2012 6:24:34 PM

Aaron1919 said:
Hi, I have a AMD fx 6200 Black edition CPU and so does my friend.

We both have the same Mobo and CPU cooler Alpine 64v (off the top of my head)


However when I look at the temp of the CPU mine is 45C and when playing a game (Sims 3 lol) it shoots up to 66C his is 35-39C with nothing running and around 49-55C with a game running.. I'm wondering if this is a problem the temp? and any idea how to lower the temp if so.


Thanks

There could be many things that affect cpu temps. I'll give you some things that will affect cpu temps. 1. If your case is smaller and has less airflow. 2. If your cooler is not seated properly 3. If you did not apply thermal paste correctly (IE too much paste or maybe some dust or hair got on the surface of the paste)
Hope this gives you some an idea on what to do to lower your temps.
August 8, 2012 6:27:48 PM

david_12 said:
There could be many things that affect cpu temps. I'll give you some things that will affect cpu temps. 1. If your case is smaller and has less airflow. 2. If your cooler is not seated properly 3. If you did not apply thermal paste correctly (IE too much paste or maybe some dust or hair got on the surface of the paste)
Hope this gives you some an idea on what to do to lower your temps.


Thanks.. In this case I think Its 99.9% my case.. It's a tacky one from Ebay and he has a Coolermaster elite 431
August 8, 2012 6:38:03 PM

Aaron1919 said:
Thanks.. In this case I think Its 99.9% my case.. It's a tacky one from Ebay and he has a Coolermaster elite 431

Yeah don't just get stuff for cheapness, especially with cases and PSUs. Reply back if your problem still isn't resolved after getting a new case.
!