Upgrading video card

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Our Computer needs to be cable of handling a lot of HD videos. We constantly edit videos(Sony Vegas 10 Pro, Adobe After Effects CS5.5). It needs to support a lot of video processing. We want the best for the price and are willing to pay for the best. Alot of video multitasking.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, about 896MB of Dedicated Memory. ( Got it 2 years ago). The Power Supply is: Corsair 750W TXW Power Supply
OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: First of we have AZZA Solano 1000 Full Tower Case, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor, CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800), ASUS Crosshair III Formula Republic of Gamers - motherboard - ATX - Socket AM3 - AMD 790FX - Socket AM3

PARTS PREFERENCES: Which ever one works best.
OVERCLOCKING: Never done overclocking

MONITOR RESOLUTION:1920x1200. We use two monitors. Main one is 26' second one is 24'. But we only need one video card that can support both.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Must support HD and preferably have HDMI ports. Support a lot of frame rate.
10 answers Last reply
More about upgrading video card
  1. It's pretty difficult to go back to 2009 and purchase stuff, or maybe you have something we don't know about already :)
    An i7 ought to help you out with the multi threaded applications.
    16GB of RAM should be sufficient if not 8GB.... 4GB is a waste, I can't imagine you've been on 4GB for 2 years....
    GTX260??? whoever in the world advised you to go for those cards ever?
    Go for a Quadro or FirePro if you're into video editing and stuff like that.

From the specs of your older rig, it looks like it was just a gaming rig (Minimum Requirement Config) and not a video workstation.
  2. man its 2012 now not 2009. :lol: or it will may be an mistake.
  3. btw whats your budget for the card ?
  4. Guys im asking for what card to upgrade..... I wanna upgrade from the 260... its Garbage now. Budget is 250$
  5. go for the hd 6950 on that budget which will do nice job on higher resolution in gaming and overclock your cpu for more performance.:)

its an gigabyte one good card cooling is quite well overclocks nicely and you can unlock shraders.:)
  6. 560 ti or 6950, you decide, except if you are really on 2009 now :lol:
  7. I prefer Nivideo, so the best choice would be the 560 ti?
  8. Yeah, presently looking at the Nvidia gallery the 560Ti does seem to be the most popular one out there.
  9. Yes 560 ti :D. It's the best among all nVidia cards for bang-to-buck cards.
  10. yes gtx 560 ti will be good overclock it get the best performance from the card.:)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product