Broke my Processor Fan Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

theangryblonde

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
Hi, today while cleaning my Processor Fan I accidentally applied too much pressure and my fan pin got broken.. well it didn't actually break, it got bent and as the thing is made of plastic anymore mishandling would break it apart.. without further ado I managed to put it back onto it's place and the thing is working correctly like before! But I'm worried about if i can replace it?
I'm using Intel Extreme Series Desktop Boards(Core 2 Quad processor) DP45SG.. My warranty period ends this December and I'm well aware that warranty is void in this case.. I'm worried about the longevity of my processor and motherboard now.. it never caused any problems in my usage period(until I caused the problem :()... Can you guys please give a solution? Thanks..

Solution
There's a good chance you will be OK with 3 legs securing the HS/F to the CPU. The only issue would be if the uneven pressure allowed for a poor contact between mating surfaces. Keep an eye on temps for awhile. You can leave Core Temp run in the tray watch temps.

Or (if you have the stock HS/F) you can pick up a replacement on ebay. They're not expensive.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
There's a good chance you will be OK with 3 legs securing the HS/F to the CPU. The only issue would be if the uneven pressure allowed for a poor contact between mating surfaces. Keep an eye on temps for awhile. You can leave Core Temp run in the tray watch temps.

Or (if you have the stock HS/F) you can pick up a replacement on ebay. They're not expensive.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.