JamesJ

Every time I change themes I "lose" my sound scheme for
app events. I must open Sounds and Audio Devices and
re-apply my one and only custom sound scheme. Please,
don't tell me I must open the .Theme file in notepad and
add ALL the event sounds and the paths to the theme, I
have to go to work next week. There MUST be a program
that will add my sound scheme to my themes, isn't there?

Any help will be appreciated,
James

gregg

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003

If you resave the Theme by clicking Save As in the Display Properties|
Themes tab, it will save the sound scheme you have selected with that theme.

"JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia-darwin-.net> wrote in message
> Every time I change themes I "lose" my sound scheme for
> app events. I must open Sounds and Audio Devices and
> re-apply my one and only custom sound scheme. Please,
> don't tell me I must open the .Theme file in notepad and
> add ALL the event sounds and the paths to the theme, I
> have to go to work next week. There MUST be a program
> that will add my sound scheme to my themes, isn't there?
>
> Any help will be appreciated,
> James

you never stated your operatin' system ?
have you tried "themes" application in the system folder ?
do a "search" for the application if it's not located there.

"JamesJ" wrote:
> Every time I change themes I "lose" my sound scheme for
> app events. I must open Sounds and Audio Devices and
> re-apply my one and only custom sound scheme. Please,
> don't tell me I must open the .Theme file in notepad and
> add ALL the event sounds and the paths to the theme, I
> have to go to work next week. There MUST be a program
> that will add my sound scheme to my themes, isn't there?
> Any help will be appreciated, James

JamesJ

I Saved the theme after applying the sound scheme. The theme disappeared!
When I right click the desktop windows tells my that the theme is not a
valid theme
and I can find it nowhere on my hard drive even though I replaced it in
recourses/themes
folder.

James
..
"Gregg" <publicprivateuse@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If you resave the Theme by clicking Save As in the Display Properties|
> Themes tab, it will save the sound scheme you have selected with that
> theme.
>

> "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia-darwin-.net> wrote in message
>> Every time I change themes I "lose" my sound scheme for
>> app events. I must open Sounds and Audio Devices and
>> re-apply my one and only custom sound scheme. Please,
>> don't tell me I must open the .Theme file in notepad and
>> add ALL the event sounds and the paths to the theme, I
>> have to go to work next week. There MUST be a program
>> that will add my sound scheme to my themes, isn't there?
>>
>> Any help will be appreciated,
>> James

JamesJ

The Themes never get saved when I attempt to save them whether
I try to replace the original or save it a different folder within a
deferent
name.

"Gregg" <publicprivateuse@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If you resave the Theme by clicking Save As in the Display Properties|
> Themes tab, it will save the sound scheme you have selected with that
> theme.
>

> "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia-darwin-.net> wrote in message
>> Every time I change themes I "lose" my sound scheme for
>> app events. I must open Sounds and Audio Devices and
>> re-apply my one and only custom sound scheme. Please,
>> don't tell me I must open the .Theme file in notepad and
>> add ALL the event sounds and the paths to the theme, I
>> have to go to work next week. There MUST be a program
>> that will add my sound scheme to my themes, isn't there?
>>
>> Any help will be appreciated,
>> James

JamesJ

Using xp with a third party themes manager called Stylexp.
"themes," application? I didn't know xp had a themes application.

James

"PnamaJck" <pnamajck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> you never stated your operatin' system ?
> have you tried "themes" application in the system folder ?
> do a "search" for the application if it's not located there.
>

> "JamesJ" wrote:
>> Every time I change themes I "lose" my sound scheme for
>> app events. I must open Sounds and Audio Devices and
>> re-apply my one and only custom sound scheme. Please,
>> don't tell me I must open the .Theme file in notepad and
>> add ALL the event sounds and the paths to the theme, I
>> have to go to work next week. There MUST be a program
>> that will add my sound scheme to my themes, isn't there?
>> Any help will be appreciated, James

am using windows_2000 here at the office . . .
shoulda' stated that in my post.
that bein' the case . . . really unable to help further.
however . . . i did a quick search of microsoft.com . . .
came across two relevant articles :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q307855
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/moskowitz_03february17.mspx

"JamesJ" wrote:
> Using xp with a third party themes manager called Stylexp.
> "themes," application? I didn't know xp had a themes application.
> James

JamesJ

Thanks for the articles.