Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Bent Pins on Phenom II X4 955 BE

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
August 8, 2012 9:12:25 PM

Hi there I recently just opened my new processor I bought on Tiger Direct and today when I opened it I noticed around 10 pins bent. I unbent them with a credit card but my question is how do I know it works? I am currently running it on a computer without a hard drive (new computer) and It turns on with the cpu fan working. Motherboard lights are normal right now so are the bent pins no longer a problem?

More about : bent pins phenom 955

a b à CPUs
August 8, 2012 9:25:24 PM

That's ok it is not an serious issue, I've fixed that type of problems with mine builds, even if the pin were broken too still it is fixable just take that pin which is broken and see the socket on the mobo put it in where that pin meets the cpu the contact.

Best solution

a b à CPUs
August 8, 2012 9:26:00 PM

Plug in the video if you can, and you should see the bios screen as it posts. My the looks of things it is posting so you're fine. The reason why people despair over bent pins is because it's damn hard to bend back without snapping them off, but as you have there's no need to worry.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
August 8, 2012 9:29:34 PM

A friend and I also fixed a problem like that, and the PC ran overclocked for a year or so, then he sold it and as far i know it is still working.... Thats a comon problem and if you could unbend them and you are using it, it will work as nothing happened...
a b à CPUs
August 9, 2012 3:29:04 PM

Best answer selected by socialfox.
a b à CPUs
August 9, 2012 3:29:05 PM

Alright, I had just powered it on with the monitor and I can access the bios. So I guess I am good. Thanks for all the help!
!