My brothers computer rebots itself every 3-4 second after turning it on

Eliasson90

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
Hi to begin with im new to this forum and i just wanna say sorry in advance if i placed this thread in the wrong place.
So to the problem, last night the power in our house went out for 30 min and befor that happend my brothers computer was in power saving mode and this morning when i tried to turn it on by pushing the mouse button it tried to start but after 3-4 seconds it went off, then it turned it self on again and did that over and over again until i took the power cord out. The stuff in hes computer is this:

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3, Socket-1155
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 4x4GB CL9
Intel® Core i5-2500K Processor with Zalman CNPS9900 MAX cooler
Intel® SSD 510 Series 120GB 2.5" (Windows 7 is instaled here)
Western Digital Caviar® Black 750GB
Silverstone Raven RV03B-W Svart
Sony Optiarc DVD±RW Writer
Corsair TX V2 650W PSU
MSI N580GTW Twin Frozer II
i would be more then happy for some help cause im stuck atm.

With best regardes Simon

Eliasson90

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
By resetting it il just push the reset button on the mother board ? (a green lighted button next to the power button on the motherboard).

brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Keep PC unplugged. Pop out CMOS battery from motherboard. Hit power button on PC to discharge capacitors. Wait 10-15 minutes. Pop CMOS battery back in. See what happens.

If that does not work, it could be the power outage messed up your power supply or mobo.

Good luck.

Eliasson90

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
I dont rly know how to take out the battery but i have a friend coming over later today who knows how to do it :), thx for the fast help been publishing this on several diffrent homepages but your the only one who have answerd so far (and so fast :p).
Il get back to you onse ive tried the battery thing.

Disconnect power to it completely. Wait until the Standby Power LED goes off, or thirty seconds, whichever is longer. Reset the CMOS (use the jumper or remove the CMOS battery for 30 seconds). Then try powering it back up again.

Eliasson90

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
Just a fast question when i remove the battery dose it mather if i take it out more then 30 sec or 10-15 min ?, sorry this might be a silly question but im a bit of a novice when it comes to trying to repair a broken computer

Eliasson90

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
Ok so for a new update. I have tried with the battery now i took it out (but waited 1 min befor), i let it rest for 30 min then i popt it back in. That dident help unfortuantly it just keept going on and on like befor. I did take a closer look on the PSU and to my suprise it was filled with some kind of white glue looking stuff so i swaped out the PSU with my old 850 Thermal take PSU but it dident help either it just keeps doing the rebot like befor. Im starting to get scared that it might be the PSU or CPU that might be broken. What do you think it could be ?, could it be the Graphic card or Ram memory ?.

Eliasson90

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
I recently went to a computer store and he told me it most likely would be the Motherboard and he could pick the computer apart and send in the destroyed parts and then put it together for 10 Pounds so the problem is more or less solved now.
Thanks for the help and the good answer .

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Power surges are nasty, and once power hit's that board, it goes EVERYWHERE. And we are talking a lot of power. There is really no telling what all it screwed up.

Hopefully, it's something minor. Your next step would be to swap out the board.