Solved

New gaming rig for Eyefinity 5760 x 1080

Hey everyone I need some opinions on this build. I'm in Canada and I'm basing this around the fact that I'm going to eventually be upgrading from a 1920 x 1080 res to a 5760 x 1080 res. It's around 4000$ and I'm fine with that. I just want some opinions on if everything is compatible and reasonable. Thanks in advance.

CPU: i7 2700k

Mobo: Asus z68 deluxe gen3

RAM: 8 gb corsair vengeance ultra

PSU: ocz gold 850w

Case: Corsair 650d

CPU Cooler: Noctua nh-c14

Hard Drives: intel 520 180gb ssd & seagate barracude 2tb

Optical drive: samsung blu ray w/ lightscribe

GPU: 2x CrossFire XFX 7970 Black Edition

Sound Card: Creative Recon3d champion (I'm not sure what the on board audio setup is like if its god, I think I'd like to have the extra kick from this sound card.)
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming eyefinity 5760 1080
  1. that should handle eyefinity gaming just fine!
  2. Bump
  3. Best answer
    Yes, it's fine however the 2700K is needlessly expensive for a gaming system. Just get the 2500K.
  4. FinneousPJ said:
    Yes, it's fine however the 2700K is needlessly expensive for a gaming system. Just get the 2500K.

What's the difference other then price? Sorry I'm not very knowledgeable haha I've been a console gamer most of my life. Also should I bother with the CPU cooler if I'm not going to be OC'ing my CPU at all. Should I just get another fan for inside the case instead or will the stock fans from the 650d be enough for the 2 gpus.
  5. The selling point of the i7s is HyperThreading which is essentially a "workstation" technology, not utilized in games.
  6. No you don't need an aftermarket cooler if you're not overclocking. I recommend filling all your case ventilation slots for a crossfire rig. Buy a fan controller for the noise.
  7. Yeah im getting a fan controller thanks for the help, now I can fancy it up with some lighting with the cash I'm saving from the CPU cooler.
  8. Best answer selected by genshrooms.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product