Wap via Bluetooth - is this possible?

Last response: in Brands
April 28, 2004 11:13:18 PM

I have a broadband internet connection on my PC, is it possible to utilize
this with my 6600 via bluetooth?

ie; I want to surf wap sites on my 6600 using the PC's internet connection,
thus saving money on wap calls and gprs as well as being much faster.

More about : wap bluetooth

Anonymous
April 29, 2004 7:57:12 PM

No, it is not.

"Rob Tompsett" <rob.N0SpaM.@rtphoto.net> wrote in message
> I have a broadband internet connection on my PC, is it possible to utilize
> this with my 6600 via bluetooth?
>
> ie; I want to surf wap sites on my 6600 using the PC's internet
connection,
> thus saving money on wap calls and gprs as well as being much faster.

Anonymous
April 30, 2004 1:47:00 AM

You can connect to wap sites using ur phone..but connecting to your
system through bluetooth and then sharing the internet facility to
your phone ..... not possible. When u connect to ur system..its just
the bluetooth that will function. you can send/receive files and
data...but cant share net.
"Lord-Data" <data@ihug.com.au> wrote in message news:<40909eaf$1@nexus.comcen.com.au>...
> No, it is not.
>

> "Rob Tompsett" <rob.N0SpaM.@rtphoto.net> wrote in message
> > I have a broadband internet connection on my PC, is it possible to utilize
> > this with my 6600 via bluetooth?
> >
> > ie; I want to surf wap sites on my 6600 using the PC's internet
> connection,
> > thus saving money on wap calls and gprs as well as being much faster.

April 30, 2004 12:39:09 PM

I am using Opera and doing just that. I'm using a Dlink DBT-120 on my Pc and
I just do a Bluetooth serial connection and I'm surfing and syncing my
Avantgo with no problems. I don't even have GPRS enabled on my 3650

--
Deep within man dwell those slumbering powers;
powers that would astonish him,

Orison Swett Marden
"Ripplefactor" <ripplefactor@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> You can connect to wap sites using ur phone..but connecting to your
> system through bluetooth and then sharing the internet facility to
> your phone ..... not possible. When u connect to ur system..its just
> the bluetooth that will function. you can send/receive files and
> data...but cant share net.
> "Lord-Data" <data@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
> > No, it is not.
> >

> > "Rob Tompsett" <rob.N0SpaM.@rtphoto.net> wrote in message
> > > I have a broadband internet connection on my PC, is it possible to
utilize
> > > this with my 6600 via bluetooth?
> > >
> > > ie; I want to surf wap sites on my 6600 using the PC's internet
> > connection,
> > > thus saving money on wap calls and gprs as well as being much faster.

Anonymous
April 30, 2004 11:34:06 PM

May we ask how?

"David Carter" <descarter@caribsurf.com> wrote in message
> I am using Opera and doing just that. I'm using a Dlink DBT-120 on my Pc
and
> I just do a Bluetooth serial connection and I'm surfing and syncing my
> Avantgo with no problems. I don't even have GPRS enabled on my 3650
>

> --
> Deep within man dwell those slumbering powers;
> powers that would astonish him,
> that he never dreamed of possessing;
> forces that would revolutionize his life if aroused
> and put into action.
>
> Orison Swett Marden
> "Ripplefactor" <ripplefactor@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > You can connect to wap sites using ur phone..but connecting to your
> > system through bluetooth and then sharing the internet facility to
> > your phone ..... not possible. When u connect to ur system..its just
> > the bluetooth that will function. you can send/receive files and
> > data...but cant share net.
> > "Lord-Data" <data@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
> > > No, it is not.
> > >

> > > "Rob Tompsett" <rob.N0SpaM.@rtphoto.net> wrote in message
> utilize

> > > connection,

Anonymous
April 30, 2004 11:34:07 PM

Once you have established the connection via the bluetooth serial connection
(you can transfer files thru the Nokia PC Suite) it will connect to the net
thru that connection. Like I said I'm using Avantgo and Opera with out any
problems.

--

"Jaron" <news@nospam.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> May we ask how?
>
> "David Carter" <descarter@caribsurf.com> wrote in message
> > I am using Opera and doing just that. I'm using a Dlink DBT-120 on my Pc
> and
> > I just do a Bluetooth serial connection and I'm surfing and syncing my
> > Avantgo with no problems. I don't even have GPRS enabled on my 3650
> >

> > --
> > Deep within man dwell those slumbering powers;
> > powers that would astonish him,
> > that he never dreamed of possessing;
> > forces that would revolutionize his life if aroused
> > and put into action.
> >
> > Orison Swett Marden
> > "Ripplefactor" <ripplefactor@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > You can connect to wap sites using ur phone..but connecting to your
> > > system through bluetooth and then sharing the internet facility to
> > > your phone ..... not possible. When u connect to ur system..its just
> > > the bluetooth that will function. you can send/receive files and
> > > data...but cant share net.
> > > "Lord-Data" <data@ihug.com.au> wrote in message

> > utilize

> faster.

May 1, 2004 4:46:55 PM

3650, 7650, Ngage use Wap1.1 and have some useful functions which allow them
to connect to the net thru their pc via bluetooth and pc suite installed and
running....i connect to the ngage arena this way....i have an ngage....so
wap via bluetooth is possible

6600 use Wap 2.0 and certain DHCP functions dont exist or are disabled and
thus dont allow u to connect thru this fashion....so wap via bluetooth is
NOT possible...at the moment....

sorry guys but someone out there develop a program that gives the 6600 those
dhcp functions and ur on a goldmine....

cheers ;)

!