Sign in with
Your question

My computer often crash into a white screen. What is likely wrong?

Last response: in Systems
April 26, 2012 3:37:16 PM

I have a Windows 7 System. It's been mostly working well, but for the past week, it crashes often. The typical crash is the screen suddenly turn all-white, I cannot seem to control anything (if my comp is running, pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del normally causes a distinctive Windows 7 sound, but when this happens there is no sound), and if this happens when I have audio running like music or some video I was watching, the audio normally plays for a few second before being turned off.

Any idea what is wrong? Is it my graphic card? How to trouble shoot this one? Or does it mean I already have to buy a new one? (it's around 3 years old)

Another detail that might be relevant, since this is happening, when I start Windows up, the screen would become all-black for around one minute (or more) before desktop, start menu and the rest happens (but I can hear my messenger start sound when the scren is still black). I don't remember having this before.
Anonymous
June 19, 2012 11:37:36 AM

I'm having a similiar problem: when I try to play a game (ANY game) after some minutes my PC usually crashes and displays a white screen. I ca, still hear the music for a few seconds and then it's just a white screen, nothing else. I'm currently updating drivers to see if that helps. :( 
October 22, 2012 3:24:27 PM

I'm having the same problem as well with my rig with Windows 7 Home Premium.

It runs Battlefield on Ultra fine with 40-50fps so the hardware is decent. I just got it a month ago and now there's random crashes from time to time...

There's no indication on when it's going to happen as well, it just does it randomly. For example, it just crashed a few minutes earlier while I was browsing through facebook. It crashed yesterday when I was watching a youtube video too.

This is really starting to tick me off since the only thing I can do is hard reset my computer then hope it doesn't happen again.

Anyone know any fix for this?
October 28, 2012 5:27:19 AM

tycrane said:
I'm having the same problem as well with my rig with Windows 7 Home Premium.

It runs Battlefield on Ultra fine with 40-50fps so the hardware is decent. I just got it a month ago and now there's random crashes from time to time...

There's no indication on when it's going to happen as well, it just does it randomly. For example, it just crashed a few minutes earlier while I was browsing through facebook. It crashed yesterday when I was watching a youtube video too.

This is really starting to tick me off since the only thing I can do is hard reset my computer then hope it doesn't happen again.

Anyone know any fix for this?

I have the same problem, what is your GPU? I have an AMD Sapphire HD 7870 Ghz OC Edition.
!