Digital Camera Repair

Tags:
Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
June 25, 2005 10:47:47 PM

When I bought my Nikon Coolpix 5700 a couple of years ago I added an
extended warranty from Mack Camera in New Jersey. I usually don't get
extended warranties as most digital electronic equipment is pretty reliable.

Well, the camera malfunctioned and I emailed the company (Mack Camera)
receiving a repair authorization number. Within a few days after they
received the camera I received an email stating it was repaired and is in
the shipping dept for return. Well, that was over a week ago. No UPS
tracking number, no replies to request for further information. I think I
may have been had on this one......

I think from now on I'll stick with the original manufacturer and their
recommended repair stations for service. Anyone out there done business
with Mack? Ever seen their store??

Ray

More about : digital camera repair

Anonymous
June 25, 2005 10:47:48 PM

Ray wrote:
> When I bought my Nikon Coolpix 5700 a couple of years ago I added an
> extended warranty from Mack Camera in New Jersey. I usually don't get
> extended warranties as most digital electronic equipment is pretty reliable.
>
> Well, the camera malfunctioned and I emailed the company (Mack Camera)
> receiving a repair authorization number. Within a few days after they
> received the camera I received an email stating it was repaired and is in
> the shipping dept for return. Well, that was over a week ago. No UPS
> tracking number, no replies to request for further information. I think I
> may have been had on this one......
>
> I think from now on I'll stick with the original manufacturer and their
> recommended repair stations for service. Anyone out there done business
> with Mack? Ever seen their store??
>
> Ray

I quick check on Google shows a LOT of problems with them.

Scott
!