Sign in with
Your question

Use my laptop to watch tv

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 18, 2012 5:49:39 PM

I have a HDMI cable to RCA yellow/white/red plugs on a TV's LINE 1 input no picture.

When I use my HDMI output with an HDMI cable to a HDMI TV, the laptop display goes directly to the screen.

More about : laptop watch

a b D Laptop
February 18, 2012 7:35:16 PM

2 statements.... no question.

Very interesting... thanks for sharing.

Cheers
m
l
February 18, 2012 7:42:36 PM

You want the tv to output to your computer over HDMI. That isn't possible. It may however be possible to buy a tuner card that would take the signal directly and put through a usb port on your laptop. You would have to disconnect the input to the TV to do that.
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
February 18, 2012 7:47:02 PM

on top of that HDMI is digital and RCA is analog. that cable will never work and is useless. whoever sold it to you scammed you
m
l
February 25, 2012 3:35:11 PM

kevin83 said:
You want the tv to output to your computer over HDMI. That isn't possible. It may however be possible to buy a tuner card that would take the signal directly and put through a usb port on your laptop. You would have to disconnect the input to the TV to do that.

No, I wanted my LAPTOP to play on a non-digital TV. Can the HDMI output from the laptop go to a "conversion" box of some type and then out via RCA cables to my older TVs?

Thanks
m
l
!