Use my laptop to watch tv

I have a HDMI cable to RCA yellow/white/red plugs on a TV's LINE 1 input no picture.

When I use my HDMI output with an HDMI cable to a HDMI TV, the laptop display goes directly to the screen.
4 answers Last reply
More about laptop watch
  1. 2 statements.... no question.

Very interesting... thanks for sharing.

Cheers
  2. You want the tv to output to your computer over HDMI. That isn't possible. It may however be possible to buy a tuner card that would take the signal directly and put through a usb port on your laptop. You would have to disconnect the input to the TV to do that.
  3. on top of that HDMI is digital and RCA is analog. that cable will never work and is useless. whoever sold it to you scammed you
  4. kevin83 said:
    You want the tv to output to your computer over HDMI. That isn't possible. It may however be possible to buy a tuner card that would take the signal directly and put through a usb port on your laptop. You would have to disconnect the input to the TV to do that.

No, I wanted my LAPTOP to play on a non-digital TV. Can the HDMI output from the laptop go to a "conversion" box of some type and then out via RCA cables to my older TVs?

Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards TV Laptops HDMI Cable Graphics